Author Topic: Where to Go ;)  (Read 27736 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Where to Go ;)
« Reply #45: June 26, 2012, 10:01:17 PM »
No, pretty much the other way around.

Name change requests are for changing from bad names to good names. They are not for changing names for your own convenience, because you no longer like the old name, or because you want to change the name for your character's RP.

Until and unless Tom changes the policy, they are solely for ensuring that people have an option for getting rid of stupid names like "DragonRider xXxNinjaKillerzxXx". (Or, y'know, less extremely stupid, but still stupid ;D )

Er, doesn't emigrating basically force you to change your character's name if someone on the destination island is already using it? Or does it just block you from emigrating altogether? I thought it just made you change the character name. Then again, this could just be one of those times where I got some idea in my head about how things work that isn't accurate...

Seems kind of harsh to completely block a character from going somewhere... He could delete the character, but then he has to wait two weeks before he can go to BT. IMO you should be able to change your character's name during emigration if someone at the destination is already using it...

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: June 26, 2012, 10:04:20 PM »
You are blocked from emigrating to that island if the name is already in use.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #47: June 26, 2012, 10:07:00 PM »
Then again, this could just be one of those times where I got some idea in my head about how things work that isn't accurate...

:P

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: June 27, 2012, 10:05:06 AM »
So I can't emmigrate this character. My other characters are well established, so I need to delete this char. I create a new one with different name, wait for 2 weeks, try emmigrating, and again see "Sorry, there is another character on that island with the same name." The process continues. Can you see how frustating that is to a player.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 10:09:42 AM by Cren »
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

GoldPanda

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: June 27, 2012, 10:42:54 AM »
Use uncommon names then. And switching out a few consonants with similar sounding letters will still leave you with a Medieval-ish name that's probably unique. "Sir Bob" and "Sir Edward" are probably taken. "Sir Job" and "Sir Ydwerd" are probably not taken yet.

Addendum: Or add a middle name. "Sir Bob Edward <family name>" is probably not taken.
------
qui audet vincit

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #50: June 27, 2012, 01:06:59 PM »
Just pause the old character. Some of us can also check  if your new character's name is already in use.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: June 27, 2012, 02:37:02 PM »
Free region to whoever comes to Enweil with a takeover unit!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #52: June 27, 2012, 03:56:10 PM »
Haha, will Enweil finance the unit?
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: June 27, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
Haha, will Enweil finance the unit?

Maybe after the city is taken, so they can actually transfer bonds...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #54: June 27, 2012, 05:09:05 PM »
Oh right, zero banks... family help ftw. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: June 27, 2012, 11:49:40 PM »

The lordship is a payment in itself.

Because:

Oh right, zero banks... family help ftw. :)

Mind you,

Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: June 28, 2012, 03:39:17 AM »
I JUST arrived in Riombara :D

Sir Ehndras Aurea, at your service. ;)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: June 28, 2012, 02:27:15 PM »
I JUST arrived in Riombara :D

Sir Ehndras Aurea, at your service. ;)

Recruit a big TO unit and come West!

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: June 28, 2012, 03:41:07 PM »
No poaching our new arrivals!

Besides, there is the little matter of having Darkest Hour of the South blocking the route between Enweil and Riombara....

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: June 28, 2012, 08:27:55 PM »
Ehndras is broke so I only managed to recruit 20 archers and am converging with the army now to combat Darkest Hour of the South. I wanted to buy a nice, big cav unit but I seem to have forgotten that I lose my entire unit when I emigrate. >_>
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.