Author Topic: Power Ranking Discussion  (Read 32196 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Power Ranking Discussion
« Reply #60: June 26, 2012, 06:22:20 PM »

Aurora was set up to fail to get rid of unwanted nobles from Morek in an easy fashion.   The Astrum starvation was done to set up Corsanctum.  Something Allison never gets credit for.

That's because most of the original colonists were from Astrum, which you had attempted to starve. We wrote the history.  ;D

West-[Addridae]

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: June 29, 2012, 12:11:54 PM »
Oh boy. Allison has gotten plenty of credit for starving Astrum.

The original idea for Corsanctum came from Anabellium.
Allison ended up putting it into action because she was also the one holding Astrum at trade point.

I spent a lot of energy preventing Allison from declaring jihad on half of Dwilight. Starving Astrum, attacking Corsanctum, thinking about sacking Summedale, nearly starting a civil war in Morek - Anabellium's influence is pretty much seen in all the !@#$ she prevented from happening. In fact, just this week, I questioned the need to declare a fruit shack evil - and then possibly crusade on it.

Aquilegia was a mixture of a lot of things, including Garrett, and then the Twinblade clan. Allison didn't start that conflict. She went to war to try and restore the original regime to power.

I'm pretty sure the war on Aquilegia happened during Anabellium's reign. We ended up turning around and crushing the Ravianlands instead. Unless we're talking about another war. My memory's fuzzy. Anabellium was also the one call for the Magistratum and who provided the case to crucify Garret on his Trinity Thesis.

Regarding Asylon, we're shaping up a bit. I'm not going to say more than that because with King Glaumring, anything could happen   ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:19:52 PM by West-[Addridae] »
Sanguis Astroism's next crusade? Jamba Juice.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #62: June 29, 2012, 03:33:22 PM »
Nice to see you back in the game. ^_^

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: June 29, 2012, 04:53:09 PM »
Regarding Asylon, we're shaping up a bit. I'm not going to say more than that because with King Glaumring, anything could happen   ;D

I have learned a few lessons. I also have the best nobles in the game working to clean my messes up!

EDIT: fixed quote notation. beginning of quote does is not preceded by a slash.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 04:55:26 PM by egamma »
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: June 29, 2012, 07:31:18 PM »

I have learned a few lessons. I also have the best nobles in the game working to clean my messes up!

It really works, most of Asylon has been mopped up already!

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: August 13, 2012, 10:22:11 PM »
So around 2 months from the original post how would you guys rate dwilight now? I'm now going to put my opinion out there because I'm not experienced with a vast majority of the continent.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #66: August 13, 2012, 10:27:11 PM »
Seems my overall power ranking list never materialized. :-/
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: August 14, 2012, 01:36:18 AM »
1. Morek
2. Astrum
3. Solaria
4. Aurvandil
5. Kabrinskia
6. Luria Nova
7. Terran

Though it's hard to say exactly; I might rank Kabrinskia lower. Terran can still field a mobile army outside its borders; I dunno if Kabrinskia is able to do that right now. But honestly, at this point, Aurvandil is much weaker than it was, and obviously the Moot is crushed as an entity. I don't rank the Lurias much higher, though: they have, thus far, proven themselves shockingly slow, and have yet to demonstrate an ability to fight their war together.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: August 14, 2012, 02:09:31 AM »
Why woudl Aurvandil be weaker? Are they having food problems, too?
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #69: August 14, 2012, 02:13:19 AM »
I don't see how Luria has proved anything either way, seeing as I have not seen a single battle between the two sides.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: August 14, 2012, 02:16:21 AM »
well we have lost regions to the whole madina/falkirk thing and have had to deal with the no food thing to but our military potential has went up if anything.

egamma

« Reply #71: August 14, 2012, 04:30:32 AM »
Why woudl Aurvandil be weaker? Are they having food problems, too?

D'Haran scout reports from several weeks ago showed regions going rogue/low control. My guess was (and is) that they jacked their taxes up to 25% in order to afford their 30k cs army to smash the 'Moot, and then had their regions go rogue while they were smashing the walls of Paisly.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: August 14, 2012, 05:33:02 AM »
well we have lost regions to the whole madina/falkirk thing and have had to deal with the no food thing to but our military potential has went up if anything.
Wasn't the plan to spin Madina off as a new realm? I suppose I thought that this was that plan in action. Let's face it, if this wasn't planned, then that new realm should already be dead. You don't spit in the face of that war machine with a two-bit secession like Falkirk and expect to survive.

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: August 14, 2012, 06:00:12 AM »
Wasn't the plan to spin Madina off as a new realm? I suppose I thought that this was that plan in action. Let's face it, if this wasn't planned, then that new realm should already be dead. You don't spit in the face of that war machine with a two-bit secession like Falkirk and expect to survive.

Just because it was planned doesn't mean it didn't hurt us. Losing a city and several regions income isn't good for anyone.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: August 14, 2012, 06:03:38 AM »
That is true. I guess I didn't expect the word "lost" to be used in terms of a planned secession.