Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Power Ranking Discussion

Started by Foundation, June 22, 2012, 05:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glaumring the Fox

A list without Asylon on it is a pretty lame list, we are still here, united and fighting hard. Lost a few regions to starvation... No big deal we will retake them once we get a harvest.

1. Astrum (stable)
2. Aurvandiil ( massive army)
3. Solaria (rising power)
4. Kabrinskia ( only because their trade for food)
5. Asylon (drought)
6.Terran ( poor leadership)
7. D'Hara ( porous borders)
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Velax

My list:

1. Astrum
2. Morek
3. Terrence
4. Aurvandil
5. The Lurias
6. Terran
7. Asylon
8. Kabrinskia

Gustav Kuriga

I don't see how you rank Kabrinskia below Asylon in that, Velax. Even by Glaumring's own admission, Asylon is weaker currently. They lost nearly all their cities. And seeing as how we were holding them off when they had four cities, now that they're down to two cities they're going to be hard-pressed to make a come back.

Uzamaki

1. Morek
2. Astrum
3. Aurvandil
4. Solaria
5. Terran
6. Kabrinskia
7. Asylon

Lanyon

I'm not aware in any significant change in Solaria. Can someone enlighten me to their increase in power?

Uzamaki

Quote from: Lanyon on August 14, 2012, 08:38:12 PM
I'm not aware in any significant change in Solaria. Can someone enlighten me to their increase in power?

The fact that they have the most to gain from the war against D'Hara rose them in my book. Even if they just get Sallowtown from D'Hara, that's a city to protect their Western regions from attack. If they start losing the war, they will drop in my rankings. Until then, they stay top 5 as they have united with the Luria's(well, kind of) and can gain some land out of this war.

Glaumring the Fox

My list was purely western-centric and included Solaria since they will influence the west for the first time with their new war on D'Hara.

I would also like to amend my list and add Terrence in #8.

Asylon is weak right now because of food, we still maintain a fair army and peace with Astrum alleviates certain stress. We survived the war took a beating, changed somethings, learned some things in the process. We are happy to have achieved peace and partially ended the war, plus I am completely out of politics and doing some introspection and preaching. I am proud of Asylon, but our cost was great and though we do not fear war, we have learned to respect it.

Glaumring the Fox

My opinion and I will stand by this is that if Terran and D'Hara had actually chosen to fight the war unified and we all stuck together the situation right now would have been much much better, instead D'Hara tried to act like it was a major player and immune to events around, the Terran senate is wishy washy and tactically inept. If all three kingdoms had stayed unified we would have at least created a quagmire hold out situation and allowed the northern armies to fight on multiple fronts, we may not have won but our unity and constistency would have made the conflict much better for all of us. Instead it showed that the Moot was weak, Terran incapable of fighting a multifront war nevermind one or two battles in a one week time span, but showed that D'Hara wasn't even capable of amassing or mobilizing an army outside of their own islands. Barca was also shackled by weak diplomacy and could have easily made a proper peace with Aurvandiil but instead thought that its tiny army had a realistic chance against 35000cs in Aurvandiil.

The moot is dead, by their own hand. Republics are ineffective and Asylon will work with the kingdoms that rise from the ashes, hopefully they will be more aware of the value of actually doing something instead of acting like it.

I was the greatest supporter of Terran and the Moot and it speaks volumes when even I have turned away from it. No one in Terran knows how hard I fought for strong relations with Terran even when many in my realm questioned my dedication. I have been proven wrong.

Uzamaki

Quote from: Glaumring on August 14, 2012, 09:30:10 PM
words

Terran is alive and well. Shino, in fact, is calling for a binding referendum on leaving the 'moot... But we will see how that works out.

Perth

Quote from: Glaumring on August 14, 2012, 09:30:10 PM
*Glaumring still raging over Terran winning their war with Kabrinskia, when Asylon couldn't do the same*

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

James

Quote from: Lanyon on August 14, 2012, 06:00:12 AM
Just because it was planned doesn't mean it didn't hurt us. Losing a city and several regions income isn't good for anyone.

Although the secession only actually lost you the city didn't it? the other regions had already gone rogue or changed allegiance before that...
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Lanyon

Quote from: James on August 14, 2012, 10:30:43 PM
Although the secession only actually lost you the city didn't it? the other regions had already gone rogue or changed allegiance before that...
But either way those regions would be gone now regardless so I really don't see your  point.

James

Quote from: Lanyon on August 14, 2012, 10:41:27 PM
But either way those regions would be gone now regardless so I really don't see your  point.

Politics and pedantry, nothing more :)
WARNING: Outer Tilog is different...

Glaumring the Fox

Quote from: Perth on August 14, 2012, 10:22:21 PM

They won nothing they merely delayed the inevitable. They did not win any war with Kabrinskia, it is that Asylon actually took over their war because they were incapable of fighting it. The moot is dead from the north or the south, at least they could have chosen to die like men.

Foundation

Quote from: James on August 14, 2012, 10:52:34 PM
Politics and pedantry, nothing more :)

Is there a difference? 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.