Author Topic: Character requested to step down to be replaced by other  (Read 6674 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
He was elected as Margrave, not as Duke, so he can't secede. Now a Duke has been appointed, and the council is asking for him to step down so the Duke can take control of the city.

I agree that if he wants to keep it, he should. I'm just saying it would not be against the no place-holder rule to step down now because he did not ran on a placeholding platform, he was merely ordered to do so after the fact.

Why did they set lordship elections if they don't want them?

On one hand, you *were* "officially" elected. That's the system that was chosen, and so the game decided that you were the lord. Game mechanics trumps RP is what Tom has usually said in similar cases.

On the other hand, I do not think there is anything wrong with power plays and people trying to convince/force others to step down.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

On the other hand, I do not think there is anything wrong with power plays and people trying to convince/force others to step down.

As long as it's IC, and not OOC.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
And as long as it's not someone trying to force you to step down so that the previous holder of that office can have it back, thus making you a placeholder.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Zakilevo

He already stepped down. It would have made things much more interesting if he stayed. I was so ready to send infiltrators and stuff.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
I would find it rather interesting to join a realm where some good honest scheming goes on. People are too honest, where i've landed my characters. Well, apart from the Saxons that were in Barca and tried to ruin the realm. They were just irritating.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
I would find it rather interesting to join a realm where some good honest scheming goes on. People are too honest, where i've landed my characters. Well, apart from the Saxons that were in Barca and tried to ruin the realm. They were just irritating.

Follow Guillaume. XD
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
Everyone willing to collaborate together for mutual benefit raise your hand.  Oh, seems you all raised your hands, well, I'll take half of you.  You're in the lucky half, sir. (same speech to both halves)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile

Join Luria. Really any of them should work.

I've participated in scheming on my other chars on different continents as well, but the thing is that most good schemeing isn't done publicly, so usually only a few nobles start out knowing what is going on, and it only expands to include more once everything is well set to begin.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
It's strangely satisfying to watch a conflict you started between yourself and a couple of other guys turns into a historically significant open war 8)