Author Topic: RTO on rogue region  (Read 6913 times)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: RTO on rogue region
« Reply #15: July 03, 2012, 12:27:50 PM »
if you are willing to take the risk of being executed automatically?
firefox

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 04, 2012, 07:19:02 AM »
So basically from understanding all posts here...

If rogue region too Solid Control, priests cannot RTO it. We have no way to reduce those Solid Control, not even Badmouth the lack of government or Badmouth Rogue. We will need military might for that.

If rogue region is not too Solid Control, priests can RTO it.

Am I right?

Which bring me to next question. Why cannot we Laud our own realm on rogue region? We can reduce those Solid Control and raise the rogue region sympathy to our realm???
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 04, 2012, 07:24:18 AM »
rogues can't execute or ban you. so basically you get a free shot with no risk barring a small prison stay... i think diplo/priest actions shouldn't have much of an effect there due to the lack of risks.
firefox

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #18: July 04, 2012, 12:47:18 PM »
So basically from understanding all posts here...

No, basically:

"rogue" is not a realm, so any realm-related actions don't work as expected.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #19: July 05, 2012, 10:59:10 PM »
I've added a message "Claim region - you cannot declare a religious state where there is no government." for rogue regions.  Can we all be happy now? ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 06, 2012, 04:40:13 AM »
I've added a message "Claim region - you cannot declare a religious state where there is no government." for rogue regions.  Can we all be happy now? ;)
Thank you Foundation, I think this make it more clear, even to the new priests/diplomats :)

Er, is this the update that caused the blank screen? If yes, I need go hit my head for requesting too much :-[
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #21: July 06, 2012, 04:41:31 AM »
No, not at all.  This was an entirely separate change.  Don't worry. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: July 06, 2012, 01:03:38 PM »
We've been rto-ing rouge regions for years and i don't remember it is ever said how that is undesirable or a bug.

now it is suddenly announced as something that was never intended. how anyone could know that? how to play game if rules cannot be known, and how to have any long-term strategy when you have no any idea what would work, what will not?

even spending considerable time to confirm what works and what doesn't will not help as everything can change over night without prior notice.

that is really discouraging as is the fact that majority of tweaks limit possible actions or implement additional burden to anyhow tedious things (this "please peasants about each and every diplomatic link" is my top-masochist tweak).