Author Topic: Cult of Bloodmoon  (Read 37257 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Cult of Bloodmoon
« Reply #15: July 02, 2012, 06:14:43 PM »
Buddhism is an eastern/oriental philosophy, which has already been stated as inappropriate for the predominantly European flavor of Dwilight.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: July 02, 2012, 06:15:28 PM »
Budhism.. Which war arround in medieval times, making your your point bull!@#$.

Also philosophy has been arround... since recorded history, making your point even more wrong.

Buddhism and other Eastern-style religions have been explicitly stated to be non-SMA by Tom, since SMA is supposed to have a European feel.

And he didn't say that philosophy was forbidden. He said that philosophy-style religions are forbidden.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: July 02, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »
I don't think you would catch any of my characters worshipping fruit. Or stars for that matter. It just seems like too much of a spiritual stretch.

* Woelfy sticks to Charon like a fly on stink.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: July 02, 2012, 06:27:15 PM »
The Zuma , undead, monsters all are not SMA. Indirik, you are just a prick.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: July 02, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »
Buddhism wasn't around in medieval Europe, and Dwilight is a medieval European atmosphere. It's the same reason a Mesoamerican-themed religion was barred.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: July 02, 2012, 06:30:59 PM »
The Zuma , undead, monsters all are not SMA. Indirik, you are just a prick.

This has been gone over numerous times, and this argument very clearly and thoroughly refuted. Please refer to previous discussions on the subject.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Woelfy

• Mighty Duke
  • I'm baaaaack
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: July 02, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
How is Indirik a prick for answering the question you posed? Just because it's not a favorable outcome for the church of fruits is no reason to get butthurt and start name calling.

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #22: July 02, 2012, 06:33:55 PM »
Why not just invent a fruit god to worship.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Zakilevo

« Reply #23: July 02, 2012, 06:35:21 PM »
Why not just invent a fruit god to worship.
Kool-Aid?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: July 02, 2012, 06:36:37 PM »
Timothy Collett

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: July 02, 2012, 06:41:19 PM »
Budhism.. Which war arround in medieval times, making your your point bull!@#$.
anyway... it's got gods. or at least in the not so original versions that have taken root amongst the masses in china/japan, etc

it's a bit like christianity.. christianity grabs pagan stuff and call them saints.. buddhism... well, it's been blended with local religions/folklore, etc and has a ton of "gods" that the peasants worship. just not the god created everything type of god as you have in christianity. though you should probably say local religions co-opted buddhism rather than the other way around...
firefox

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: July 02, 2012, 07:11:01 PM »
Fruits /can/ be worshiped in the same way than stars. Native american religions did it, and there is the recent quite popular Santo Daime. As long as the Church is not only about controlling the production and trade of the fruit (in which case it would be a trading guild), and has some philosophical and spiritual foundations, it's ok. It makes much more sense than the Manifest Path, in my opinion.

That said, please stop being a prick, Glaumring. You are being insulting and disrespectful and I am honestly quite tired of it, even with my contact with your characters being minimal.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Zakilevo

« Reply #27: July 02, 2012, 07:14:49 PM »
Fruits /can/ be worshiped in the same way than stars. Native american religions did it, and there is the recent quite popular Santo Daime. As long as the Church is not only about controlling the production and trade of the fruit (in which case it would be a trading guild), and has some philosophical and spiritual foundations, it's ok. It makes much more sense than the Manifest Path, in my opinion.

That said, please stop being a prick, Glaumring. You are being insulting and disrespectful and I am honestly quite tired of it, even with my contact with your characters being minimal.

The problem is europeans didn't worship fruits during the middle age. If this religion was created in other continents it would have been fine but it was created in the SMA continent.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: July 02, 2012, 07:18:17 PM »
Glaumring, why not make a guild of eating fruits and you can seek to mix that and religions together? That way they can both eat the fruit and be a fruit philosopher and a religious nut?

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: July 02, 2012, 07:36:55 PM »
Because we made a guild before and they dont work and we want priests to wander the land converting peasants to fruit worship and spreading the voice of the gods to the masses. We have a god ,gods, they are nameless , the stars, the lands, dreams are all gods. Ok if Indirik wants to be a prick about it our religion is Laplander Finland animistic shaman based religion that existed in Europe in medeival times. So there.

We live lives in beautiful lies...