Author Topic: Swordsmanship vs Unit Training  (Read 3768 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Swordsmanship vs Unit Training
« Topic Start: July 05, 2012, 07:44:13 AM »
Something I always wondered - if you recruit a unit with 90 Training (or f you train them up to that level), does that mean every soldier in that unit has the equivalent of 90 Swordsmanship?

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: Swordsmanship vs Unit Training
« Reply #1: July 05, 2012, 08:50:22 AM »
I believe its the average stat of all your soldiers. My explanation, your unit captain is always the last man standing even if your unit is reduced to 1. So your captain is a better soldier than his subs, still his training is shown the same as the others. That means the stats are average values.

NOTE- All of this is from IC viewpoint.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: July 05, 2012, 09:05:15 AM »
There is no relation between character skills and unit training values. They don't mean the same thing, they are never compared with each other, they aren't used in place of each other. They are two numerical values on the same 1-100 scale that most things in BM use.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 05, 2012, 09:14:57 AM »
...they are never compared with each other, they aren't used in place of each other.

I know. I was mainly just curious if a soldier with a Training of 90 would be as a good with a blade as a noble with 90 Swordsmanship. It seemed a little odd if so, as it takes a hell of a lot more effort to get Swords to 90 than it does Training.

egamma

« Reply #4: July 05, 2012, 01:51:16 PM »
There's a large difference between being a blademaster and being a highly trained soldier. Soldiers are trained in group combat tactics, whereas a blademaster would largely be trained to fight alone.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: July 05, 2012, 01:59:52 PM »
I doubt gunmanship is what makes an excellent marine. 8)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: July 05, 2012, 03:19:33 PM »
I know. I was mainly just curious if a soldier with a Training of 90 would be as a good with a blade as a noble with 90 Swordsmanship.

Of course not. He's a commoner, even the thought that he could be as good as a noble is irrational.

loren

• Noble Lord
  • I'm too old for this
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 05, 2012, 03:34:38 PM »
Well, a peasant in his prime might be a better swordsman than 102 year old Gregor  ;D

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 05, 2012, 05:40:49 PM »
Well, a peasant in his prime might be a better swordsman than 102 year old Gregor  ;D

Pfft your peasants are getting uppity to consider themselves better swordsmen than such a veteran knight