Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Accomplishments in BM

Started by Tom, July 08, 2012, 03:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

There's a number of things that are on their way out, but we don't want to abolish completely. I would like to unify them into something more modern: Accomplishments.

One task is that I would love to have a better, more medieval name. If anyone has one, please share it.

Here's what it would replace, this list can be expanded:

• Rank -- right now, only the Royal rank still makes sense as being stored seperately. Everything else can easily and quickly be calculated due to the simpler and cleaner hierarchy mechanics
  • Mentor points -- or rather, a more general reward mechanism.
There are probably many more. Please contribute.

Zakilevo

More medieval names? Like John, Roland, Lancelot kind?

Tom

Quote from: Zakilevo on July 08, 2012, 05:56:36 PM
More medieval names? Like John, Roland, Lancelot kind?

No, a better term for "accomplishments".

Zakilevo

Quote from: Tom on July 08, 2012, 06:50:00 PM
No, a better term for "accomplishments".

Awww. I misunderstood. Hmm... I think accomplishments is fine.

fodder

feats? XD sound a bit like fallout or something. or even deeds? (... not of the house!)
firefox

Tom

Both would work. Ok, the naming problem can wait until later. The question now is what we want to store there.

Brant

Accolades.

noun
1. any award, honor, or laudatory notice.
2. a light touch on the shoulder with the flat side of the sword or formerly by an embrace, done in the ceremony of conferring knighthood.
3. the ceremony itself.

The medal system information could go there as well. (So we don't have to find our own family pages :P )
We could declassify the Fame points and list completed ones there. (A good amount of them are listed on the Wiki anyway)
Add family current wealth and peak wealth.

Indirik

Medals are OOC player awards. They have no place in a system designed to denote IC awards and accomplishments.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Brant

Tom didn't specify in his post that it would be reserved for IC accomplishments only.

Tom

It's not really the same as the fame system, as things like mentor points can be spent and royalty status can be lost when you switch realm.

But with a bit of design changes, it could still be merged, yes. I'm all for having fewer different systems.

Vellos

Quote from: Tom on July 08, 2012, 09:04:00 PM
It's not really the same as the fame system, as things like mentor points can be spent and royalty status can be lost when you switch realm.

But with a bit of design changes, it could still be merged, yes. I'm all for having fewer different systems.

mmm... but fame is such a long-standing thing.... I'd be sad to see it go. :/
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Zakilevo

Quote from: Tom on July 08, 2012, 09:04:00 PM

Not really. You keep your royal status even after joining another realm now. Maybe a list of titles each of your characters held?

fodder

medals.. XD i was half asleep once and gave one out by misclicking

---
the royal bit is a known bug.
firefox

Perth

I would love to see a very nicely redone family page.

It could have a nice place at the top to upload (or have a custom creator similar to army banners) the Family Coat-of-Arms, a more nicely stylized Family History listing all of the members (characters), and now the list of Family Accolades and who achieved them, etc. (As well as Family Wealth, Fame, and all that good stuff too)

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)