Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Retained Royal Status

Started by Velax, July 25, 2012, 02:15:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Velax

Given Royals can't be banned, and given Royal status is being kept when changing realms, can permission be given for OOC bans to be issued for these cases until the issue is resolved? That this is not really an OOC ban could be stated in the ban reason, so as not to unfairly prejudice them later.

Tom

Quote from: Velax on July 25, 2012, 02:15:46 PM
Given Royals can't be banned, and given Royal status is being kept when changing realms,

It shouldn't. That is a bug. Please add it to the bugtracker (I think there's already a bug report for this).

Velax

Telrunya

I would personally say just deal with the situation and dust off that Exile option if necessary, but I'm nowhere in a position to judge on it.

Velax

I don't really understand the Exile option. Does it prevent the exiled noble from recruiting, accessing banks and so on?

Foundation

The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Chaotrance13

Quote from: Velax on July 25, 2012, 03:48:21 PM
I don't really understand the Exile option. Does it prevent the exiled noble from recruiting, accessing banks and so on?

But it's a battle of wills. Every day or so that the exiled noble refuses to leave your land, you start losing Honour and Prestige until eventually you can no longer be ruler.

Velax

And given priests don't need to access realm functions like recruiting and banks as much, if at all, does exiling have any practical effect on them?

vonGenf

Quote from: Velax on July 25, 2012, 03:55:53 PM
recruiting and banks as much

They still need banks. Priests command loyalty in the same manner than warriors do: by buying it.  ;D

In fact, now that all revenues come in the form of bonds, Exile is stronger than ever. I was exiled once and I could access gold easily by remaining in my region on tax day. Now that's impossible.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

Quote from: Velax on July 25, 2012, 02:15:46 PM
Given Royals can't be banned, and given Royal status is being kept when changing realms, can permission be given for OOC bans to be issued for these cases until the issue is resolved? That this is not really an OOC ban could be stated in the ban reason, so as not to unfairly prejudice them later.
Absolutely not. OOC bans are specifically intended to remove characters from a realm when they are cheating or committing blatant violations of the rules and/or social contract. It is never appropriate to use an OOC ban in any other circumstance. Period.

Your realm has been hit by a bug. And we all know the policy: You play through the bug. If you think someone is intentionally abusing the bug then you report them to the Magistrates or Titans.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Foundation

In any case, the bug is fixed, and any of its effects previously will not be reverted.  Please play through as ICily as you can. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.