Author Topic: Exagerated region reports  (Read 3083 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Exagerated region reports
« Topic Start: July 17, 2012, 03:01:08 PM »
I agree that the messages sound more dire than it is. Something else is apparently helping you prop up the stats. With this message alone, all region stats should drop somewhere between 5-10% every turn, in addition to the damage the deaths cause.

The problem is that most of the turn report messages report only one thing.  So if starvation is really your only problem, then the message is way too strongly. It is the strongest of four messages:
  • The food stores are depleted in certain areas of the region and some people are going hungry.
  • The people are starving! Unrest and looting are becoming a serious problem. $Deaths peasants have starved to death today.
  • The people are starving to death! Many people are sick or don't come to work anymore. Unrest and looting are getting out of control. $Deaths peasants have starved to death today.
  • Due to the ongoing starvation, all commercial activities have ceased. Production is effectively at zero. Morale drops through the floor and loyalty to your realm is non-existent. If there hasn't been a rebellion yet, it is only because the people are too hungry. $Deaths peasants have starved to death today.
Suggestions for better messages? I'm not above adding a 5th level, as it seems what I considered an extreme starvation level happens more often than I thought it would.