Author Topic: Hero bonus  (Read 3913 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Hero bonus
« Topic Start: July 08, 2012, 05:07:06 PM »
What bonus does the hero's skill gives to the unit? And does the unit needs to be specific like infantry/melee SF to get swordfighting bonus?
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

egamma

Re: Hero bonus
« Reply #1: July 09, 2012, 03:35:10 PM »
The easiest way to determine this would be to recruit a unit, note the CS, and then switch your class to Hero, and observe the increase in CS.

Of course, this can only be done once per character.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: July 09, 2012, 09:33:23 PM »
What bonus does the hero's skill gives to the unit? And does the unit needs to be specific like infantry/melee SF to get swordfighting bonus?

I suppose one would also like to know how much the difference in skill percenatage affects it, which would be harder to judge.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 10, 2012, 05:48:14 AM »
Well there is no bonus when leading archer unit. My hero is leading cavalry currently but have no skill with lances, so can't say anything now.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 10, 2012, 05:54:23 AM »
The easiest way to determine this would be to recruit a unit, note the CS, and then switch your class to Hero, and observe the increase in CS.

Of course, this can only be done once per character.

Would anyone with access to the dev server can test this?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 03:13:54 PM by Cren »

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: July 11, 2012, 09:58:59 PM »
Why?  If you wanted to know, find someone who wants to be a hero or do it yourself.  It's not like the hero class was introduced yesterday.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 11, 2012, 10:35:30 PM »
In somewhat less aggressive tone, he means to say that you need to put in the effort if you want to know. These things are INTENTIONALLY VAGUE, as in its a surprise.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: July 11, 2012, 10:42:15 PM »
... how do you know the cs inflation won't only apply during the battle.. and not outside it? (or for that matter.. might not even be displayed)
firefox

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #8: July 11, 2012, 11:32:36 PM »
In somewhat less aggressive tone, he means to say that you need to put in the effort if you want to know. These things are INTENTIONALLY VAGUE, as in its a surprise.

Hehe, +1.  I was too harsh. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 12, 2012, 08:40:00 AM »
Well, I have done that with an archer unit on hand, no CS boost. Thats why I asked whether the bonus even exists or not.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #10: July 12, 2012, 10:46:04 AM »
Well, I have done that with an archer unit on hand, no CS boost. Thats why I asked whether the bonus even exists or not.

It exists, but it won't show anywhere outside actual battle.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 12, 2012, 11:09:20 AM »
It exists, but it won't show anywhere outside actual battle.

Thanks Tom, for showing me the right direction. Now I know the reason how can my 32 archers scored 368 hits even under a storm and later my 24 cavalry scored 950+ hits every turn on the Daimons.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #12: July 12, 2012, 02:27:48 PM »
Ah, good point.  I thought you were only asking about a visible CS change outside battle.