Author Topic: Abuse of Vulgarity  (Read 28044 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Abuse of Vulgarity
« Reply #45: July 20, 2012, 05:12:50 AM »
This much is certainly true. To my eyes, it's not at all clear from the game text that manner of speech is the only thing we're supposed to be concerned with. It's listed as one of three soft guidelines, along with very subjective things like respect, dignity, and proper behavior.

I honestly and without antagonism do not see why thinking of the vulgarity feature as sort of a broad IC-what-a-noble-shouldn't-do counterpart to the SMA feature's OCC-what-a-noble-wouldn't-do is considered such an unreasonable conclusion given the way it reads. Apparently it's the wrong conclusion, but I assure you that one needn't be maliciously or belligerently missing the point to come to it. If the feature is solely intended to police language, the game text could basically be condensed down to the second guideline. Get rid of all the other stuff that leads to wider interpretation.

This.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)