Author Topic: The Levels of Play  (Read 1728 times)

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
Re: The Levels of Play
« Topic Start: July 18, 2012, 06:00:44 AM »
This is very good, although I think there are perhaps some other levels of play, that you missed. Namely a level below "power player" in which a play just plays and their characters just want to be a part of the action and not necessarily strive to rise. It'd be the level of lower activity players who enjoy the team aspect more than individual control.

A lot of similarities with narratives here, but with a lot less involvement.

I also think it is possible to be a narrative player while having certain characters play on the others. I mean one of my characters is an influence character, anotehr is a power character, and another is an "institutionalized vassal", only seeking to serve. But, their narratives are built around those aspects, and while I could play them so that they were more successful, I play the characters with the built in flaws. (Example: I would be more successful with my influence character/power character if they didn't have the tendency to gloat. But I feel that's a built in part of the personality, so sometimes they ruin some of their own plans. But, if I changed this it would go against playing that narrative even thought he narrative is built on power grabs)
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."