Author Topic: End of the Invasion  (Read 32448 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: End of the Invasion
« Reply #30: July 20, 2012, 11:07:50 AM »
Spoilers below - go in-game first and read the roleplay events posted there.

This is the end of the 5th Invasion.

Here is what the in-game mechanics should be post-invasion. Anything that is different from what I post below is a bug and will be fixed after I return. Also, if one of the great people who made the Dwilight map by copy & paste wants to make the new coastline, that would be great. I have an image file without the quickly-drawn in coast it uses right now that I can send you.

All lands that were covered in Blight have sunken into the ocean, taking everything and everyone with them. They will never be recovered, they have actually been deleted from the database.
Where you see faint cities in the ocean on the map that is what you actually see from the coast there - these cities seem to have been left behind, they are well under the ocean surface, too deep for divers in the time period BM is set in, but when the water is clear you can barely make them out.
Regions covered by dark clouds are back to normal. They seem to have left no permanent effect.
Some regions that used to be inland or at a river are now on the coast. For simplicity, their economy has not been changed, so you won't find "fishing" listed for any of them. That's because we are working on another, final and much better economy re-balance.
The lake at the south islands, between Enweilios and Rines is now part of the ocean.
The remaining Daimon troops have been left behind. They are now stranded on your world with no leadership. They will survive as long as they can feed on human flesh, which they will do - so: good hunting.

You may have to force-reload some pages (especially maps) to see the changes, due to your browser caching the old image files.