Author Topic: End of the Invasion  (Read 32464 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: End of the Invasion
« Reply #90: July 26, 2012, 11:29:58 PM »
Well, maybe Tom should reconsider? I mean, if people are still willing to volunteer despite the trouble  :)

As I said, I never really had a problem with the GMs per se, I had other issues with the Invasions I've been through. And for the record, I very much enjoyed the Fifth. It was vastly better than the Fourth, in which I felt like a leaf in a hurricane. In the Fourth we were virtually helpless. The Fifth did a very good job of giving the players more opportunity to make a difference and own their own successes and failures. I truly felt that what happened was a result of our collective efforts - we succeeded together and failed together. Certainly the outcome was less than perfect, but then we also made mistakes and didn't always work together as well as we could have, so the outcome was in my opinion a fair reflection of events.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #91: July 27, 2012, 01:15:47 AM »
I just hope we manage to get more of the storyline that seemed to end up cut off after the previous invasion.  What happened to the daimon leaders we all knew?  What truly were the Servants of Light?  Or the Archons?

In truth, I would love to know more.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #92: July 27, 2012, 09:05:51 AM »
The leftover daimon troops are just standing in our regions doing absolutly nothing. The game mechanics seem to consider them militia.

my bad. fixed a bug today that should take care of that.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: July 27, 2012, 09:42:48 AM »
I would be very interested in answers to two questions - thus, Tom, if possible please satisfy my curiosity assuming doing so does not give anything away you would prefer to keep hidden.

- what would have happened if we had managed to kill one of the Portal Guards (Where they killable at all?)?
- what was they reason for Eno not being unblighted after Riombara did kill the (2nd) southern Blight Creature in Cjelegy?
To give more information: the killing of 1st Southern Blight Creature did unblight Irombro, Bolkenia and (across the river) Eylmon, Epinotke, Elloranaal and Jidington. So Eno did have contact to the (now unblighted) Bolkenia. Later, the killing of 2nd southern Blight Creature did unblight Cagamir (next to Bolkenia) and (across the river) Brovyl and Ovujemeh. So was there anything special about Eno? Gate, any game mechanic? Or was it an oversight? Note that I am NOT clamoring for having Eno 'resurrected' - it would make the south even more powerful which I think would not be good. I am mostly interested to find out if there was something like a gate in Eno and if the desperate dash towards that city might have paid off or was for naught.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #94: July 27, 2012, 09:50:44 AM »
- what would have happened if we had managed to kill one of the Portal Guards (Where they killable at all?)?

Lots of blighted regions would've been freed. The Portal Guardians were the last line of defense, basically the last in the succession of the Blight Creatures (which had to be a variable number because the amount of blight was different for the four directions). When the invasion came to an end, they were all released at once for a final push.

- what was they reason for Eno not being unblighted after Riombara did kill the (2nd) southern Blight Creature in Cjelegy?

You needed to kill a Portal Guardian to unblight the last few regions of every direction.

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: July 27, 2012, 10:06:55 AM »
Thanks for answering, Tom! That clears these questions.

Boy would I have wished that our march to Athol would have succeeded in killing the eastern Guardian in time. Being responsible for freeing a good part of the eastern blight would have given such a ton of additional prestige....besides, the desperate march and the tripple battle were epic as they were, just not crowned by the final success. Alas, we tried!

So - a massive thank you! for all your work and making this possible! The fifth invasion will be an excellent gaming memory for a very long time!

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #96: July 27, 2012, 10:13:33 AM »
If we had someone like G.R.R. Martin playing, I'm sure the 5th invasion would be an excellent book and/or movie. Anyone want to pitch the story to Hollywood? :-)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #97: July 27, 2012, 03:27:44 PM »
If we had someone like G.R.R. Martin playing, I'm sure the 5th invasion would be an excellent book and/or movie. Anyone want to pitch the story to Hollywood? :-)

Sounds like a fun project  :)

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: July 27, 2012, 05:30:05 PM »
That last daimon ofensive  really was something. Really unexpected.
And Midnight of the evasive- the super evasive one.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:32:46 PM by mikm »

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: July 27, 2012, 07:10:22 PM »
The leftover daimon troops are just standing in our regions doing absolutly nothing. The game mechanics seem to consider them militia.

my bad. fixed a bug today that should take care of that.

Damn. You. mikm. (Says the Duke of Athol Margos)  ;)

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: July 28, 2012, 01:13:32 PM »
What with the old political maps no longer updating, I cannot spy and see how Beluaterra looks after all the machinations of the Fifth Invasion. Would someone mind uploading the current map just to satisfy the curious among us? :-)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #101: July 28, 2012, 01:31:28 PM »
I just updated the political map.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: July 28, 2012, 03:07:40 PM »
Well, it seems we need not worry about the Beluaterran-wide Alliance lasting long. The first cracks are already appearing.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: July 28, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »

I've often thought about writing stories of some of the major events of continents on (edited for sanity, of course, no story about Abington would be complete without the epic tale of Lady Doc's Biatch, but I would change her name).
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

mikm

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: July 29, 2012, 04:49:46 PM »
Now those leftover daimon troops have started a takeover.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:52:35 PM by mikm »