Author Topic: Paisly gets steamrolled  (Read 19613 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Paisly gets steamrolled
« Topic Start: July 24, 2012, 06:40:49 AM »
So, which is worse? The Blight that appeared in Paisly for a week or so earlier this ear, or the Aurvandil invasion?

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Paisly gets steamrolled
« Reply #1: July 24, 2012, 06:43:06 AM »
So, which is worse? The Blight that appeared in Paisly for a week or so earlier this ear, or the Aurvandil invasion?
This, the blight thing just scared the crap out of D'hara but the battle actually did hurt D'hara though it mainly only hurt our troops, not the region.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: July 24, 2012, 06:46:10 AM »
End of the Moot is nigh!

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: July 24, 2012, 06:49:46 AM »

I don't know, ear infections can be brutal...  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: July 24, 2012, 06:56:56 AM »
And here we go again....

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: July 24, 2012, 10:05:33 AM »
This, the blight thing just scared the crap out of D'hara but the battle actually did hurt D'hara though it mainly only hurt our troops, not the region.

Yet ;)

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: July 24, 2012, 04:39:59 PM »
Luckily for D'Hara, the battle in Maeotis did enough damage to Aurvandil's army to prevent us from casually de-walling the city in a handful of days as we did to Rettleville. But strangely enough, we're able to run a take over, which I assume is a colony take over, which means I very strongly hope it fails, I don't want to lose our star general to a new colony. (Assuming I am correct in thinking the person who started the take over, founds the colony).  Luckily for us however, we can access the market in Paisly to redistribute our food.

One look at Paisly's markets is hilarious though, endless buy offers from Barca and D'Hara, one of the lords in Aurvandil suggested we make endless sell offers at of 100 bushels at 10 gold just to taunt them, which would just be  cruel. I wonder if D'Hara will actually continue this war, or do the sensible thing and make peace with Aurvandil where we would sell them enough food to end their starvation immediately, 'cause God knows why but Aurvandil likes D'Hara and would rather support them than fight them.

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #7: July 24, 2012, 04:43:03 PM »
I thought CTOs were still broken? You must have a neighbouring region connected via sea lanes?

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: July 24, 2012, 04:50:21 PM »
Isn't madina connected to paisly?

NoblesseChevaleresque

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: July 24, 2012, 04:51:27 PM »
I thought CTOs were still broken? You must have a neighbouring region connected via sea lanes?

Oh, we do, the Madina - Paisly route. I never considered that. Well this makes things interesting, though Aurvandil more than likely won't complete the TO, we're only doing to "suppress the region" and assert our authority.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: July 24, 2012, 04:52:34 PM »
But strangely enough, we're able to run a take over, which I assume is a colony take over,

Paisly is Madina's neighbor by the sea route, there is no reason why it would have a to be a CTO. It's probably a normal TO.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: July 24, 2012, 05:25:49 PM »
... I assume is a colony take over, which means I very strongly hope it fails, I don't want to lose our star general to a new colony. (Assuming I am correct in thinking the person who started the take over, founds the colony).
That *used* to be how it worked. Now, it doesn't. (Well, CTOs are broken now, but that's the way it worked before they broke.)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: July 24, 2012, 05:30:26 PM »
Takeovers don't actually affect a region's stats while they're in progress, do they? Even a fear takeover.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: July 24, 2012, 06:41:10 PM »
Takeovers don't actually affect a region's stats while they're in progress, do they? Even a fear takeover.
The annoying part as a diplomat is that sympathy and loyalty don't affect the takeover either.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

« Reply #14: July 24, 2012, 07:16:42 PM »
Oh, we do, the Madina - Paisly route. I never considered that. Well this makes things interesting, though Aurvandil more than likely won't complete the TO, we're only doing to "suppress the region" and assert our authority.

Abuse of game mechanic?