Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Provisions?

Started by Cren, July 24, 2012, 08:23:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fodder

i suppose it's even more complicated in that peasants and troops consume food from the region's stores once a day at sunrise only...
firefox

Zakilevo

I really hope we will get an option to pick up food as provisions soon...

Charles

I got provisions by staying in a food producing region for a few days.  10% per day.  Does anyone know how much I will use up in a starving region?  10% per day again?

Indirik

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Cren

So do you use up provisions in a region which is "going hungry"? That happened a few days ago in BT.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Charles

I just realized that with our current system, you will never get provisions while in a city.  Not sure if that is intentional or even desired, but I like it.

Tom

Quote from: Charles on August 09, 2012, 05:40:09 AM
I just realized that with our current system, you will never get provisions while in a city.  Not sure if that is intentional or even desired, but I like it.

yes, it is.

Cren

Note that currently you can only get provisions while being in a region producing *surplus* at full turn. So no cities, better luck with those self-sustaining townslands.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Revan

I don't like this feature. This has the ring of the old estate system. Cool in theory, but in practice an annoyance that makes it unnecessarily difficult to enjoy the game at its best.

On another note, this feature does not yet have a wiki page. It would be good to get the full details of the feature on there soon seems as this is already implemented on stable.

Bael

Would under this: http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Manual/Economy heading be a good place to put it? Or one down, under food?

egamma

It should go under http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Manual/War someplace. Either on the Units page or on a new page.

Ketchum

I think this is to prevent everyone to stay at the city forever. When enemy is outside your door, in the next region to the city, you should come out gun flashing and shooting like mad. In this case, sword flailing  :P

Back to Provisions. We are expected to remain in Rural Regions to gain enough Provisions. This applies more accurately if we are to TakeOver a City, in the next region to the rural region. But what if the rural region is at a low capacity? We could take like how many real months before we able TakeOver a City. That way we need lot of patience. And this teach us never to mess with the peasants by looting them :(
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Velax

Quote from: Revan on August 13, 2012, 10:07:15 PM
I don't like this feature. This has the ring of the old estate system. Cool in theory, but in practice an annoyance that makes it unnecessarily difficult to enjoy the game at its best.

On another note, this feature does not yet have a wiki page. It would be good to get the full details of the feature on there soon seems as this is already implemented on stable.

While it's inconvenient, it's preferable to having your troops starve with no way to prevent it.

Zakilevo

I am sure in time there will be more ways to fill your provisions faster and easier.

The current system blows because it is still in its early stage. It was implemented as it is because with caravans gone, there was no way for people to support their troops in a starving region.

Tom

Quote from: Revan on August 13, 2012, 10:07:15 PM

It is an advantage over previous conditions. It has no disadvantages. At no time are you worse of than you would be without this feature.