Author Topic: Treaty friction is boring  (Read 31888 times)

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Treaty friction is boring
« Reply #45: June 09, 2011, 01:15:05 AM »
For the sake of adding some numbers for the treaty friction, this is the treaty situation of Morek:

North Eastern Free Movement Pact   military   Passage Rights   Libero Empire   2010-06-21   76%   details
Military co-operation with Corsanctum.   military   Defense Pact   Corsanctum   2010-06-14   76%   details
Corsanctum-Xinhaian facilities sharing   economic   Facilities Sharing   Corsanctum   2010-06-14   74%   details
Xinhai-Corsanctum Passage Rights   military   Passage Rights   Corsanctum   2010-11-12   76%   details
Port rights   military   Passage Rights   D'Hara   2010-07-18   66%   details
Open Borders between the brotherly realms   military   Passage Rights   Astrum   2010-09-29   99%   details
Sharing of facilities between the brotherly realms   economic   Facilities Sharing   Astrum   2010-09-29   98%   detail
The Nifel Handshake - Annex I   military   Passage Rights   Summerdale   2011-05-07   24%   details
The Nifel Handshake - Annex II   economic   Facilities Sharing   Summerdale   2011-05-07   24%   details

I receive every turn 5 advices that a treaty needs maintenance. We recently lost one alliance treaty to friction and we'll soon lose two more. Morek has 2 ambassadors and 1 diplomat, that don't want to spend time on treaty friction right now cause they say the effect is more or less negligible for the amount of hours they waste on it.

Perhaps we're doing something wrong and I should whip them into working hard to maintain treaties, but I don't really see how can we do it. If one checks carefully you can see that the treaty with D'Hara has a reasonable friction even if it was signed almost 1 year ago. Conversely treaties with Astrum are really decaying faster, I guess because some of our current regions were looted by Astrum during the war against the Raivan Empire. Should we take care of this by raising sympathy? Perhaps it's a solution, but still I don't possibly see how can one realm maitain steadily the 10 or so treaties one needs with all friendly realms.