Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

How do I trade?

Started by Azerax, July 27, 2012, 06:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pcw27

Quote from: Tom on August 14, 2012, 09:22:56 AM
Correct. As a region lord, your trade radius is around your current location and all trades go to/from your own region, no matter how far away it is. I play a steward character somewhere on Dwilight and recently took a world tour (seriously, crossed the inner ocean twice, once at the northern and once at the southern tip). I could've traded with every region I passed through, with the food coming from (I was selling) from "my" region, many hundreds of miles away.

Sounds like quite a trip. Does securing long distance trades like that earn honor or prestige?

vonGenf

Quote from: pcw27 on August 14, 2012, 05:49:15 PM
Sounds like quite a trip. Does securing long distance trades like that earn honor or prestige?

I've done it often. It secures contacts. How to turn contacts into prestige is left as an exercise....
After all it's a roleplaying game.

fodder

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on August 14, 2012, 05:48:30 PM
That's not what I was saying. I was saying that if I posted a buy order in a foreign city over 400 miles from my region, they still wouldn't be able to see it because the buy order originates from the region you are lord or steward of. ((has tried this, so I know how it works effectively, if not technically))

offers (buy/sell, doesn't matter) are fixed to the location of the home region of the lord/steward. doesn't matter where it's posted.

do not confuse 2 things.. brokering (trader) and direct trade (lord/steward)

brokering requires there to be multiple offers and you have to match them up

direct trade means you see an offer and you can fulfil it directly with your own bonds or food from your region. you don't need to make a matching offer in order to direct trade.
firefox

Gustav Kuriga

I was talking direct trade. I have a feeling that vonGenf was speaking of brokering

vonGenf

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on August 14, 2012, 07:05:13 PM
I was talking direct trade. I have a feeling that vonGenf was speaking of brokering

I thought you were confusing brokering and direct trade. Apparently, I was the one who was confused!
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Gustav Kuriga

No worries, I was the one causing the confusion! My fault.

Tom

Quote from: Gustav Kuriga on August 14, 2012, 05:00:33 PM
And since the buy order is originating from your region, if you're over 400 miles away from your region and not a trader, you can't see it, right? Meaning you can only post sell and accept the other orders in a foreign realm (practically, if over 400 miles away).

No. You can do all trades. What you can not do if you are outside trade range is see your own orders and thus, for example, cancel them.

Gustav Kuriga

Quote from: Tom on August 14, 2012, 08:23:15 PM
No. You can do all trades. What you can not do if you are outside trade range is see your own orders and thus, for example, cancel them.

I know this, Tom. I'm saying you and the other lords using that market won't be able to see the trades, not that they don't exist at all.