Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

kicking knights

Started by mikm, July 25, 2012, 09:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikm

Can this be abusive or does the region lord have the right to do it a he sees fit? Does the region lord actually need a reason to do it? Can you get blamed for not letting your knight's player play at his own pace?

Indirik

Knights serve at the whim of the lord. They can be removed at any time, for any reason. Or for no reason at all.

You may, of course, need to deal with any potential political backlash resulting from your decision to kick a knight out of his estate.

And, as always, you *do* have to follow the IRs. If you kick a knight out because he didn't answer your message within 30 minutes, then expect to have your account locked for a few days while you reconsider your actions.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

mikm

Quote from: Indirik on July 25, 2012, 10:01:19 PM
And, as always, you *do* have to follow the IRs. If you kick a knight out because he didn't answer your message within 30 minutes, then expect to have your account locked for a few days while you reconsider your actions.
Who is going to admit that as a reason anyway?

Penchant

Quote from: mikm on July 25, 2012, 10:09:28 PM
Who is going to admit that as a reason anyway?
If you imply it in your message you don't need to admit, the victim only needs to share the message for proof.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

mikm

Under the old estate system a lord kiked me. The reaon was not enlarging my estate after two repeated mesages he sent me. I was away from the pc for a couple of days back then so I had no idea untill the bad marks started hiting.  After giving this reason he simply said I can do what I want.
Complained IC but did not resort to any form of OOC bashing.
Was this a violation?

Penchant

Quote from: mikm on July 25, 2012, 10:22:51 PM
Under the old estate system a lord kiked me. The reaon was not enlarging my estate after two repeated mesages he sent me. I was away from the pc for a couple of days back then so I had no idea untill the bad marks started hiting.  After giving this reason he simply said I can do what I want.
Was this a violation?
Sounds like a violation to me, but I could be wrong.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

Quote from: mikm on July 25, 2012, 10:22:51 PM
Was this a violation?

He should have removed the black marks once you told him that you were away OOC.

Indirik

It is impossible to tell without full details, including copies of messages, timings, etc.

mikm

"The you can not barge in here without my permison" reason is ok?

Indirik

Mrh? What are you talking about? Lord's don't need a reason to kick a knight out of their estate. The "Kick" button is there, and it has no requirement to enter a reason. Lord's can kick a knight out of their estate at any time, for any reason, or for no reason at all.

Again, so long as they adhere to the IR/Social Contract.