Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Family Gold update effects

Started by Dante Silverfire, August 10, 2012, 01:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indirik

You can still buy them from another realm. You just can't buy titles to regions already in your own realm.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

Indeed. You can even do it nearly undetectably now, with the "buy region at turn" feature.

It makes the region appear to revolt, and the peasants pick you as the Lord, just like in the normal revolt-and-pick-a-new-lord scenario.

I'm sad that I haven't heard of anyone doing this in the...what, gotta be at least a year? since it's been implemented...
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

Quote from: Anaris on August 10, 2012, 05:45:29 PM
Indeed. You can even do it nearly undetectably now, with the "buy region at turn" feature.

It makes the region appear to revolt, and the peasants pick you as the Lord, just like in the normal revolt-and-pick-a-new-lord scenario.

I'm sad that I haven't heard of anyone doing this in the...what, gotta be at least a year? since it's been implemented...

Maybe because no one knows about it? I mean, I actually followed the relevant Feature Cut thread for a while and left off with the impression that the feature would be eliminated. I had no idea it was still an option! Now that I know, I can consider times and ways to use it...

Does it still operate under the same restrictions? The region has to belong to a realm but have no local lord, and cannot be adjacent to the capital? (if those are even correct... been a long time since I tried this)

Anaris

Quote from: Geronus on August 10, 2012, 05:54:26 PM
Maybe because no one knows about it? I mean, I actually followed the relevant Feature Cut thread for a while and left off with the impression that the feature would be eliminated. I had no idea it was still an option! Now that I know, I can consider times and ways to use it...

Does it still operate under the same restrictions? The region has to belong to a realm but have no local lord, and cannot be adjacent to the capital? (if those are even correct... been a long time since I tried this)

Sounds right, yeah. You can't buy Netherworld regions, either, but that's now only applicable on Dwilight with the Zuma.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Bael

Quote from: Anaris on August 10, 2012, 05:19:37 PM
Buying regions.

This has been removed, has it not?

Posting bounties from family wealth.

Haven't seen this one yet.

Ransoming yourself out of prison when your character is broke.
Family influence to repair and entertain in any city.

Fair enough...doesn't exactly require vast amounts of wealth though. Does remind me of some of the things that I wasn't considering though :)

Anaris

Quote from: Bael on August 10, 2012, 07:05:52 PM
This has been removed, has it not?

If you'll scroll back just a tiny bit in the thread, and read what's been posted since your post...

Fair enough...doesn't exactly require vast amounts of wealth though. Does remind me of some of the things that I wasn't considering though :)

No, but if you want to be able to do it consistently, you'll need plenty.
Timothy Collett

Tom

Don't forget that nobody knows so far which new features will appear with family wealth at even higher levels...

Charles

Quote from: egamma on August 10, 2012, 03:05:34 PM
It's all part of a three step plan:

1. Increase family gold to 20,000
2. Get rid of family gold
3. Laugh at greedy players

I want this to be the case sooo baddly.  It would be so awesome.  As soon as the first person reaches 20k it all gets erased.  It almost makes me giddy thinking about it.

I am however looking forward to the other options with family wealth.

Bael

Quote from: Tom on August 11, 2012, 03:38:36 AM
Don't forget that nobody knows so far which new features will appear with family wealth at even higher levels...

@20k gold: Button appears - "Win  Battlemaster".  ;D ;D :o

JPierreD

Quote from: Anaris on August 10, 2012, 05:45:29 PM

Which revolt-and-pick-a-new-lord scenario? I don't remember the peasants ever picking a new lord by themselves without a noble acting on it (RTO and such).
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

fodder

might have seen it... rare i at all
firefox

Velax

I've seen it happen plenty of times. The people revolt, but instead of just kicking out their lord and demanding a new one, they install a noble who happens to be in the region as the new lord. That's how my Perdan character became Count of Beziers.

GoldPanda

Yes, peasants revolt, throw out the current lord, and picks a new lord from the same realm. Same realm, different lord.

Or, they will revolt, throw out the current lord, and join a neighboring realm that they like better (usually an ally). Different realm, lordship becomes vacant.

The only scenario where the region changes realm and the lordship goes to another noble is a RTO, for which there is a specific message.

So if a region suddenly switched to an enemy realm (which they probably hate) and a new lord was immediately holding the region, and the new guy is not a priest or you did not get the RTO notification, you can reliably call out the shenanigans.

I don't believe the Devs thought this through.
------
qui audet vincit

egamma

Quote from: GoldPanda on August 11, 2012, 02:36:50 PM
Yes, peasants revolt, throw out the current lord, and picks a new lord from the same realm. Same realm, different lord.

Or, they will revolt, throw out the current lord, and join a neighboring realm that they like better (usually an ally). Different realm, lordship becomes vacant.

The only scenario where the region changes realm and the lordship goes to another noble is a RTO, for which there is a specific message.

So if a region suddenly switched to an enemy realm (which they probably hate) and a new lord was immediately holding the region, and the new guy is not a priest or you did not get the RTO notification, you can reliably call out the shenanigans.

You're thinking like a player, not a character. I know, this is the Atamara forum. But still.

Anaris

Quote from: GoldPanda on August 11, 2012, 02:36:50 PM

If this were true...

...then you would be right about this.

However, it's not. Just because you haven't seen it happen doesn't mean it doesn't happen. I've seen it several times.

(And, y'know, I also wrote the code to make it happen.)
Timothy Collett