Author Topic: Demolition Tools  (Read 4094 times)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Demolition Tools
« Topic Start: August 13, 2012, 07:58:18 PM »
mmm... somebody knows how to use demolitions tools?...  8) It can be used to demolish walls, or only buildings?

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Demolition Tools
« Reply #1: August 13, 2012, 08:15:31 PM »
..... all i know is that people keep buying them, or at least the daily regional report keeps implying someone is buying them

in the middle of the daimon invasion no less, where you are almost guaranteed never to go against walls.

---
how to use them.. i think there's a link for it... click and pray it doesn't blow up in your face.
firefox

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 13, 2012, 08:23:29 PM »
I believe that at present, they can only be used to demolish recruitment centers.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 13, 2012, 08:52:07 PM »
They can be used on any building, including granaries and scout guilds. Not walls.

What I want to know is, are they one-use only? I bought five and now only have three.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 13, 2012, 08:52:56 PM »
They can be used on any building, including granaries and scout guilds. Not walls.

What I want to know is, are they one-use only? I bought five and now only have three.

Each one is a set of bombs and what's needed to set and detonate them.

That kind of thing isn't usually reusable.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #5: August 13, 2012, 09:02:40 PM »
* Foundation blows up C4, wonders whether he could return what's left for a full refund.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 13, 2012, 09:05:18 PM »
Yeah, alright, sarcasm's hardly necessary. Given there are no other one-use paraphernalia and given that I'd used four bombs but only two Demo Kits were gone, I wanted to be sure.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 13, 2012, 09:06:52 PM »
Yeah, alright, sarcasm's hardly necessary. Given there are no other one-use paraphernalia and given that I'd used four bombs but only two Demo Kits were gone, I wanted to be sure.

Really? That's probably a bug, then.

Did you actually use all 4, or did only 2 go off?
Timothy Collett

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 13, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »
Some didn't go off. I'm not sure how many.

I'm guessing it's because I didn't use four bombs on four separate occasions, I used two bombs each on two occasions. As you say, each kit is a "set" of bombs and one kit gets used up each time you use bombs, no matter whether you set one bomb or five. I'm assuming.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #9: August 13, 2012, 09:14:52 PM »
Relax, Velax. ;)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 13, 2012, 09:21:22 PM »
Some didn't go off. I'm not sure how many.

I'm guessing it's because I didn't use four bombs on four separate occasions, I used two bombs each on two occasions. As you say, each kit is a "set" of bombs and one kit gets used up each time you use bombs, no matter whether you set one bomb or five. I'm assuming.

Hmm. If that's the case, it's definitely a bug. I know, 'cause I wrote the original code for it, and that's not how I wrote it to work ;D

Please make a bug report, noting what exactly you did and what the results were, to the best of your recollection.
Timothy Collett

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 13, 2012, 09:22:54 PM »
Alrighty. If a bomb doesn't go off, does it not use up a kit? Because that could also be it.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 13, 2012, 09:23:28 PM »
Alrighty. If a bomb doesn't go off, does it not use up a kit? Because that could also be it.

That's possible. I don't remember how that was set up originally.
Timothy Collett

egamma

« Reply #13: August 14, 2012, 04:23:39 AM »
Sounds like a good test case for the dev server...

Logar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: November 23, 2013, 06:01:58 PM »
I know this thread is over a year old, but is relevent and saves opening a new thread...

Who can/cannot use the demolition tools? Is it limited to certain classes?
"...Together We Stand, Divided We Fall!..." -- 'Hey You', Pink Floyd