Author Topic: Terran trials  (Read 71883 times)

Jim

Re: Terran trials
« Reply #120: August 19, 2012, 10:29:22 AM »
Wow, now I feel really honored that all the RP I had invested into Gorbag did not simply die with him. It contributed in creating something much bigger than himself! I always wondered, what was the reaction of the Ruler and General of the realm after his death? He was technically under their protection, after all.

You should, Gorebag was a brilliant hunt, and all us Huntsmen were seriously hooked to BM because we were awaiting results. Gorebag definitely lives on, he's always used as an example for new members. Cato used his example as a main focus for a section when teaching his initiate hunters. All the major hunts live on though, but yes, Gorebag is definitely the best known hunt. By far the most entertaining because of the amount of time it took. Those watching were kept in absolute suspense.

Cato never really did anything badass, a lot of beat downs but he's only responsible for one kill. He's kind of a tool, hence my new avatar. Cato formed his own chapter and brought in hunters, they all went their own ways with what they wanted. Solaria was never shy to killing peasants, that was going on beforehand. So it wasn't hard for us to fit in there. Cato had a lot of underdog wins, i.e. trying to beat up an advy and having them escape him not once but THREE TIMES IN A ROW!!! and then finally catching the bastard on the fourth try. That made Cato feel much better. I remember once he was merciful to an advy because she actually listened to him after the administration of an asswhooping on her, she apologized TO HIM and left his region. That was very smart. Even when he had a chance to beat her up again, he let her go, because he found her intelligence attractive.  He's secretly in love with her but he dare not speak it, for fear of repercussions. Sometimes he would stand on the balcony of his manor and look out over Nid Tek and shed a tear for his adventurous love knowing that they could never be together.

Not all of the Huntsmen are as bat!@#$ crazy like Erasmus, Cato's just a dumbass that's in love with a commoner.   8)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: August 19, 2012, 12:29:15 PM »
Damn, never thought losing an adventurer with 3 recommendations, 100% weapon equipment and ~50% adventurer gear (likely swordsfighting skill close to 100%) would actually end up being so fun. ;D
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: August 19, 2012, 12:39:09 PM »
Gorbag was actually what led to its creation. When Erasmus came to Dwilight it was on some fool's errand to kill a distant related adventurer (his original RP when joining Terran), which he claimed was dishonoring the family name, but the rest of the family thought it unimportant and thought Erasmus dishonorable for leaving the family's home realm, Suville, during a time of war. He never got him (it was someone else in my family who was paused), and felt unfulfilled but stayed in Terran. He already resented adventurers because of his jealously towards the way his older brother Jareth treated the house servant Reynard ( he felt Jareth treated him like more of a brother than Erasmus), SO when Gorbag came along with an item named after the region he was lord of, then chose to take a better offer, and Erasmus later found out he gave an item to the daimons (who he also began hating after their rampages in Terran) for free, He asked for Gorbag to be punished. The Ruler and General at the time( I'm guessing who you ended up selling the item to) both declared Gorbag under their protection. So Erasmus became enraged and decided he would find a way to kill him himself and all his enemies, so he supported the current judge to become Duke, and then after he stepped down Erasmus ran and won judge on a coinflip. He was also an avid hunter and talked about it often, so he created the Huntsmen of Noble Right to combine business and pleasure :) Gorbag was the first kill and it took a lot of time, effort and dirty tricks to get him.

At first Erasmus only executed those who talked back, offended him or others, or spread rumors about him; bloodhunts as we called them, and those were the ones we took trophies from. The rest we would beat up (several times if we could to the same guy) or arrest and torture them-- some got tortured over a 7 or 8 times before they were released, and a few were caught again and tortured further. Later on, the Ruler sent Erasmus a message telling him he knew about what he was doing and didn't mind, but too many stories were coming back to him so he should just execute them all and save time and trouble; Erasmus said "This is obvious BS to protect the Ruler and the realm's reputation, but, hey, why not." and complied. Then the executions started to pile up. Another member of the Huntsmen in Solaria eventually became judge also, and even though he wasn't judge for long, he did a lot of work over there, and our Hunting Records list became very long :)

Well, all that crap certainly makes me feel better about getting the Zuma to attack Terran. Not that I felt even vaguely bad about it before, of course.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: August 19, 2012, 06:46:24 PM »
Hehe, so that referendum Shino put out to remove Terran from the 'moot?

Results:

Referendum Results   (12 hours, 5 minutes ago)
The referendum "Veinsormoot removal" has ended. Here is the final tally:
8 votes for yes
7 votes for no
0 abstentions
0 votes were not cast.

The winning choice is therefore yes, with 8 votes. A simple majority was required (i.e., 1 votes).
As a reminder, the full text of the referendum was:
Vote yes to remove Terran from the 'moot.

Vote no to stay in the 'moot.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: August 19, 2012, 06:48:18 PM »
Wow, so even Terran doesn't want to be in the Veinsormoot? It's kind of amazing how quick the Veinsormoot crumbled when it faced its first real challenge.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: August 19, 2012, 06:52:30 PM »
Wow, so even Terran doesn't want to be in the Veinsormoot? It's kind of amazing how quick the Veinsormoot crumbled when it faced its first real challenge.

Shino started that referendum. He said Barca was a shattered realm that had reduced themselves to using the Zuma to fight, and that D'Hara was going to receive help from Aurvandil, who hated Terran. Shino wanted a better alliance with Asylon, since Glaumring is no longer ruler. But, someone must have gotten pissed about that, as someone forged a letter that had Shino talking about rebellion with the support of Asylon, basically using everything Shino talked about in the Senate as reasons why to rebel against the current administration. Clever, I must say, but it's funny how a few people are willing to believe a letter that we have no idea where it came from then a corroborated letter from the King of Asylon himself saying we had never spoken.

Shino... He has his enemies. :/

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: August 19, 2012, 06:55:11 PM »
So, just on your word Terran voted to remove themselves from an organisation they've been in for how many years?

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #127: August 19, 2012, 06:56:16 PM »
So, just on your word Terran voted to remove themselves from an organisation they've been in for how many years?

He was a Senator. He STARTED the referendum. Shino is not a man of patience.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: August 19, 2012, 07:56:28 PM »
Shino started that referendum. He said Barca was a shattered realm that had reduced themselves to using the Zuma to fight, and that D'Hara was going to receive help from Aurvandil, who hated Terran.
I don't know who told you that D'hara was going to receive help from Aurvandil but from what I know that is quite untrue.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #129: August 19, 2012, 07:58:29 PM »
Weird. Who voted yes? Everyone in the Senate agreed Shino's a dumbass for proposing that. I know Erasmus wanted us away from the 'Moot, but who else?

The plot thickens evermore... I saw and heard absolutely no support for leaving the 'Moot during Senate talks. Why the sudden change of heart?

I think all this chaos has done much to sway Terran nobles from their once adamantly-held attitudes... This is a time of great change in our nation and I hope only good comes of it. I will do all in my power to make sure only good comes of it.

Paladin Alura, awaaaaaaaaaaay!~
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: August 19, 2012, 08:00:37 PM »
It was our understanding that D'hara and Aurvandil are now allies.

As I said in the Senate, Aurvandil, if it is true, is only protecting their own interests again the Lurias. They don't care to protect D'hara, they just want to take D'haran land for their own. :P I SINCERELY doubt any such alliance will exist the moment Luria ceases its invasion. That will be the moment Aurvandil re-declares war on D'hara and goes, "Now that our competitors are defeated, its time to return to our previous matters. Oh, our armies are already in D'haran lands? How convenient."
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: August 19, 2012, 08:04:25 PM »
I don't know who told you that D'hara was going to receive help from Aurvandil but from what I know that is quite untrue.

Aurvandil ruler said they will help D'Hara against the Luria's. Life or death, D'Hara isn't going to die and just NOT take Aurvandil's help. Well, at least that was Shino's thinking at the time.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: August 19, 2012, 08:07:16 PM »
Weird. Who voted yes? Everyone in the Senate agreed Shino's a dumbass for proposing that. I know Erasmus wanted us away from the 'Moot, but who else?

The way I see it, Kas, Octavian, Erasmus, and Shino. Probably Roaven too.

Kale, Hireshmont, Labell, Dallas, and I guess Alura voted no. So there are about 5 votes unaccounted for.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #133: August 19, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »
To be honest I don't do enough with my realm's politics to know for sure, so it may be possible.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: August 19, 2012, 08:25:44 PM »
No, I'm with Perth and those who think we should stay in the Moot. Hell, we ARE the Moot. We can't LEAVE the Moot. We can DISBAND the Moot, but we can't leave the damn thing, lol.