Author Topic: Terran trials  (Read 71886 times)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: Terran trials
« Reply #135: August 19, 2012, 08:29:22 PM »
No, I'm with Perth and those who think we should stay in the Moot. Hell, we ARE the Moot. We can't LEAVE the Moot. We can DISBAND the Moot, but we can't leave the damn thing, lol.

If Terran leaves the 'moot, it is practically disbanded. If Barca gets thrown out, it gets turned into a D'Hara-Terran lovefest, and essentially ends the 'moot. If Barca/D'Hara(or both) die, the 'moot pretty much ends.

So, the 'moot is probably going to end one way or another. Shino was just hoping to do it now before Terran starts taking blows as well as their federated partners.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: August 19, 2012, 08:37:49 PM »
The Moot need not end, fool. The Moot can be rebuilt and expanded. Barca's time is limited no matter which way you throw the dice. The Zuma only delay the inevitable annihilation of their shattered state. And what's wrong with a Terran-D'hara lovefest? We can always bring Asylon back in and make it a threesome. ;-)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: August 19, 2012, 08:42:03 PM »
The Moot need not end, fool. The Moot can be rebuilt and expanded. Barca's time is limited no matter which way you throw the dice. The Zuma only delay the inevitable annihilation of their shattered state. And what's wrong with a Terran-D'hara lovefest? We can always bring Asylon back in and make it a threesome. ;-)

Yes, I agree the 'moot can be re-structred, and strengthened, and bringing Asylon in would greatly strengthen the 'moot. However, the leaders of Terran seem resigned to the status quo, which is partially why this uproar is happening in the first place.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: August 19, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »
Later on, the Ruler sent Erasmus a message telling him he knew about what he was doing and didn't mind, but too many stories were coming back to him so he should just execute them all and save time and trouble; Erasmus said "This is obvious BS to protect the Ruler and the realm's reputation, but, hey, why not." and complied. Then the executions started to pile up.

Which didn't have the effect I was hoping for, unfortunately. I was hoping that I could push Erasmus over a brink where the bodies would pile up so much, folks would complain more, and/or Erasmus' H/P would put him below election requirements. Didn't work out that way.

Plus Hireshmont was just trying to keep the realm in one piece, aimed at Aurvandil, so he was putting up with a lot.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: August 19, 2012, 10:02:19 PM »
Tsk tsk tsk. Misguided... But noble. Ish.

Lets see what happens next. :-) I hope Perth stays in office for a while still. I'd like to see what a new General might bring to the table but I think Perth still has quite a bit of fight in him so long as RL stops kicking his schedule's ass.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: August 20, 2012, 12:01:10 AM »
Well, the charges against Shino have been dropped.  :D

Can't use my four page trial defense though.  :(

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: August 20, 2012, 05:44:13 AM »
Well, the charges against Shino have been dropped.  :D

Can't use my four page trial defense though.  :(

Heh.

He better tread carefully though: Hireshmont and Co. would love an excuse to purge a few more malcontents!
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: August 20, 2012, 05:54:29 AM »
Aka Shino, stfu. :P

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: August 20, 2012, 06:27:29 AM »
Heh.

He better tread carefully though: Hireshmont and Co. would love an excuse to purge a few more malcontents!

Vellos is just sore that more Senators like Shino's proposals then Hireshmont's.  :P

I am glad you said 'Hireshmont and Co.'. Because that is what it is. A bunch of old fogeys ready to stick to the status quo until the status quo bites them on the ass.  ::)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: August 20, 2012, 06:46:59 AM »
Bah! I just want my damn land and army back so I can start working toward improving Terran. Y'all can bitch and moan all you want like haggard old women, I'll be off building new recruitment centers and gathering food for the conquest. SOMEONE has to do some bloody work here...

Also, I'm PISSED. Out of nowhere my assassin-to-be got really badly injured and the reports are saying he's going to die if he doesn't get medical attention. Suddenly, seriously injured in critical condition, wounds worsening. The !@#$? I wasn't aware of any battles going on in friggin' REMTON, the capitol of Arcaea. Can it be that practice duel I accepted?

Or... At least... I hope it was a practice duel. >_> I don't think someone would death-duel me out of nowhere and without any RP or warning, would they? Especially since the guy who dueled me is a high-ranking noble in Arcaea and I think is actually my Lord, heh.

F*ck. I guess I'll find out in a few turns when his wounds get better.

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: August 20, 2012, 06:52:21 AM »
I am glad you said 'Hireshmont and Co.'. Because that is what it is. A bunch of old fogeys ready to stick to the status quo until the status quo bites them on the ass.  ::)

I ignored the first status quo comment, but I'll bite for this one.

How, in any way, is Terran leadership trying to "stick to the status quo"? We intend to take incorporate Barcan and D'Haran territory into Terran. Until the famine and long winter hit we intended to try to either end or severely damage Aurvandil, we broke off our friendship with Asylon, we eagerly began a potentially destructive war with Kabrinskia, we then won that war, ended it, and proceeded to repair relations with the Astrocracies. We were forging relations with the Lurias in what would have been the first large joint affair between two of the three big powerblocks in a joint 'Moot-Luria war on Aurvandil (though it backfired, of course).

I'm not seeing how the Terran leadership is "status quo" when they have done nothing but pursue ways to change things up. Just cause some of us are against not outright abandoning our only two allies on the continent doesn't mean we're "status quo."
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: August 20, 2012, 06:53:34 AM »
Bah! I just want my damn land and army back so I can start working toward improving Terran. Y'all can bitch and moan all you want like haggard old women, I'll be off building new recruitment centers and gathering food for the conquest. SOMEONE has to do some bloody work here...

Also, I'm PISSED. Out of nowhere my assassin-to-be got really badly injured and the reports are saying he's going to die if he doesn't get medical attention. Suddenly, seriously injured in critical condition, wounds worsening. The !@#$? I wasn't aware of any battles going on in friggin' REMTON, the capitol of Arcaea. Can it be that practice duel I accepted?

Or... At least... I hope it was a practice duel. >_> I don't think someone would death-duel me out of nowhere and without any RP or warning, would they? Especially since the guy who dueled me is a high-ranking noble in Arcaea and I think is actually my Lord, heh.

F*ck. I guess I'll find out in a few turns when his wounds get better.

You can't die from wounds. If you die, it'll be instant.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: August 20, 2012, 06:56:25 AM »
I ignored the first status quo comment, but I'll bite for this one.

How, in any way, is Terran leadership trying to "stick to the status quo"? We intend to take incorporate Barcan and D'Haran territory into Terran. Until the famine and long winter hit we intended to try to either end or severely damage Aurvandil, we broke off our friendship with Asylon, we eagerly began a potentially destructive war with Kabrinskia, we then won that war, ended it, and proceeded to repair relations with the Astrocracies. We were forging relations with the Lurias in what would have been the first large joint affair between two of the three big powerblocks in a joint 'Moot-Luria war on Aurvandil (though it backfired, of course).

I'm not seeing how the Terran leadership is "status quo" when they have done nothing but pursue ways to change things up. Just cause some of us are against not outright abandoning our only two allies on the continent doesn't mean we're "status quo."

My god... Can nobody fight a war on there own without some shAtamara style alliance gangbang

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #148: August 20, 2012, 07:00:16 AM »
Well, you could always invite Kabrinskia into the 'Moot. I mean, it isn't like we don't have any nobles of ours in the guild already, like Gustav, or (until recently a member the realm) Allison... oh, wait a minute...

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: August 20, 2012, 07:25:46 AM »
My god... Can nobody fight a war on there own without some shAtamara style alliance gangbang

Taffer, not on Dwilight, not against three MASSIVE powers like the SA, the Lurias, or to a much lesser extent, Aurvandil. Its mathematically impossible to fight a 1 vs "1" battle with any of these powers.