Author Topic: Terran trials  (Read 71621 times)

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
Re: Terran trials
« Reply #225: August 24, 2012, 12:44:44 AM »
No one's waiting to give him a trial. The Senate voted to forgo a trial and ban him outright. It's the Lordship election thing that is getting him off the hook so far.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #226: August 24, 2012, 12:57:38 AM »
By all means, ban the bastard. I personally want him beheaded, but that's just me. I always execute major traitors - they deserve no less (plus it prevents them from coming back to bite you in the ass)

I'm not sure why its taking so bloody long. Someone told me its because of an outdated feature/bug issue or something, someone else says its because of the vote/referendum issue, and so forth. Which is it?
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #227: August 24, 2012, 01:03:51 AM »
Both. The fact that he is a new lord invokes a rarely seen feature that prevents a new lord from being instantly banned. This was implemented to protect characters that used the now-removed "buy a lordship" feature.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
« Reply #228: August 24, 2012, 01:23:53 AM »
So we're stuck with him because of a feature that no longer exists? :\ That doesn't sound good.
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #229: August 24, 2012, 06:04:00 AM »
That's as may be, but if he tries to abuse the new-lord protection to keep from getting banned, that's going to get him the full negative attention of the devs.

What, like you mean running for new seats repeatedly and trying to win them so that he is always a 'new lord'? That would be pretty damn difficult to pull off, especially with everyone in Terran out for his blood. He won one election by accident, more or less, because no one was paying attention. I suspect that the rest of Terran, especially the players who now understand what happened, will make damn sure he doesn't win another lordship anytime soon.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #230: August 24, 2012, 06:32:03 AM »
What, like you mean running for new seats repeatedly and trying to win them so that he is always a 'new lord'? That would be pretty damn difficult to pull off, especially with everyone in Terran out for his blood. He won one election by accident, more or less, because no one was paying attention. I suspect that the rest of Terran, especially the players who now understand what happened, will make damn sure he doesn't win another lordship anytime soon.

It was implied that the number of nobles eligible to run for positions and able to vote in Terran is quite small, so it was logical for the Dev team to assume it might be the case that he would be the only eligible candidate. If he keeps vacating a Lordship then a new vote is called so it is feasible (depending on real noble numbers) to keep that new lord tag for quite some time.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

egamma

« Reply #231: August 24, 2012, 05:45:21 PM »
It's pretty bad when he's the only one who even tried for the lordship.

Then again, they have a lot of banned players at the moment, which restricts eligibility.

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #232: August 24, 2012, 06:12:46 PM »
It was implied that the number of nobles eligible to run for positions and able to vote in Terran is quite small, so it was logical for the Dev team to assume it might be the case that he would be the only eligible candidate. If he keeps vacating a Lordship then a new vote is called so it is feasible (depending on real noble numbers) to keep that new lord tag for quite some time.

The only (or nearly) eligible candidates are lords of other regions, who, if they win, vacate another region, starting another election.

With a careful enough game of musical chairs, yes, we can keep him locked in Vassar until the protection wears off. It's just annoying.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #233: August 24, 2012, 06:55:25 PM »
The only (or nearly) eligible candidates are lords of other regions, who, if they win, vacate another region, starting another election.

With a careful enough game of musical chairs, yes, we can keep him locked in Vassar until the protection wears off. It's just annoying.

My point is, you shouldn't have to do this. Even disregarding the fact that it's more or less vestigial and will probably be going away shortly, the protection is an OOC one for specific purposes, and if he even tries to use it to keep from getting banned, that's an OOC abuse that should be punished swiftly and decisively.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #234: August 24, 2012, 09:38:34 PM »
My point is, you shouldn't have to do this. Even disregarding the fact that it's more or less vestigial and will probably be going away shortly, the protection is an OOC one for specific purposes, and if he even tries to use it to keep from getting banned, that's an OOC abuse that should be punished swiftly and decisively.

Meh, he's fleeing for Asylon it looks like.

He'll escape ban-free probably.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #235: August 25, 2012, 03:11:39 AM »
Meh, he's fleeing for Asylon it looks like.

He'll escape ban-free probably.

Solution: declare war on Asylon.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #236: August 25, 2012, 03:54:46 AM »
Solution: declare war on Asylon.
Other solution, get Asylon to ban him.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #237: August 25, 2012, 07:12:17 AM »
He got banned. Posted some Roleplay about running off to kill Daimons in the name of the Huntsmen...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #238: August 25, 2012, 08:12:08 AM »
He has been declared an enemy of Asylon and to be banned if enters Asylon.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #239: August 26, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »
He got banned. Posted some Roleplay about running off to kill Daimons in the name of the Huntsmen...

Yup.

Protection wore off, ban set, and the Zuma aren't blaming us for his pillaging some of their lands.

Win.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:39:43 PM by Vellos »