Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Terran trials

Started by Uzamaki, August 17, 2012, 05:05:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uzamaki

Quote from: Vellos on August 26, 2012, 08:18:52 PM
Yup.

Protection war off, ban set, and the Zuma aren't blaming us for his pillaging some of their lands.

Win.

Much smoother than I anticipated, actually.

egamma

Of course, the Zuma GM just auto-paused, so he may get away with it for a while...

Penchant

Quote from: egamma on August 26, 2012, 11:30:46 PM
Of course, the Zuma GM just auto-paused, so he may get away with it for a while...
How do you know that?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

egamma

QuoteForeign Leave   (16 hours, 18 minutes ago)
Oskaa has abdicated (automatically, due to inactivity).

Foreign Leave   (16 hours, 18 minutes ago)
Screamer has abdicated (automatically, due to inactivity).

Foreign Leave   (16 hours, 18 minutes ago)
Flame has abdicated (automatically, due to inactivity).

Perth

Hm.. so... how does that work, exactly?

Everyone can invade the Zuma no consequences? Let's do it, we can take them off the map before the GM ever comes back!

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Anaris

Quote from: Perth on August 27, 2012, 12:35:36 AM

Everyone can invade the Zuma no consequences? Let's do it, we can take them off the map before the GM ever comes back!

No consequences?

Well, there's still all those Daimons sitting around. You'd have to defeat them.

Plus, once he does come back, he'd probably say, "That's it! EVERYBODY DIES!"
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

DamnTaffer

Quote from: Perth on August 27, 2012, 12:35:36 AM

To Battle! Lets pray for no Militia...

Velax

So, how's D'Hara doing? Dead yet?

Penchant

Quote from: Velax on August 27, 2012, 04:35:32 AM
So, how's D'Hara doing? Dead yet?
So far D'hara is doing fine, if the Lurias actually attack more maybe not. So far there has been a battle in Sallowwild, maybe a small one at Port Nebel, and than they randomly left.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

D`Este

Quote from: Penchant on August 27, 2012, 04:46:21 AM
So far D'hara is doing fine, if the Lurias actually attack more maybe not. So far there has been a battle in Sallowwild, maybe a small one at Port Nebel, and than they randomly left.

Starvation, killing more than Dhara ever could... We lost about 50-75% of the army while travelling to PN...

egamma

Quote from: D`Este on August 27, 2012, 12:03:41 PM
Starvation, killing more than Dhara ever could... We lost about 50-75% of the army while travelling to PN...

All part of our grand defense.

Solaria, for all of their complaining about D'Hara not being able to feed two peasants in the Desert of Silhouettes, hasn't managed to feed the region either, and managed to kill off half the population (it's down to the database-minimum of one peasant).

Also, "Those who fail to plan, plan to fail."

Vellos

Quote from: D`Este on August 27, 2012, 12:03:41 PM

I seem to recall a D'Haran actually telling you this would happen a while back.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Anaris

Quote from: Vellos on August 27, 2012, 07:55:25 PM
I seem to recall a D'Haran actually telling you this would happen a while back.

This shouldn't happen anymore, with the fixes to how troop starvation is handled.

At least, it shouldn't happen if you can get through the starving region in under 10 days ;D
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Geronus

Quote from: Anaris on August 27, 2012, 07:56:53 PM
This shouldn't happen anymore, with the fixes to how troop starvation is handled.

At least, it shouldn't happen if you can get through the starving region in under 10 days ;D

I bet that's not a fun trip. It probably does take quite a while to cross the Desert, and before that there's all those mountains, and then D'Hara isn't exactly swimming in food either.

Vellos

Quote from: Anaris on August 27, 2012, 07:56:53 PM

Thought it was 5 days, gradually? Wouldn't you start losing troops that first day without provisions?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner