Author Topic: Quintarianism  (Read 14409 times)

Ehndras

• Mighty Duke
  • Voidwalker~
    • View Profile
Re: Quintarianism
« Reply #15: August 20, 2012, 03:43:53 AM »
That would be pretty badass. I never see two religions band together to !@#$ everyone else up. I think having a friendly rivalry would rock. We don't have to be totally peaceful either, we can have our warrior castes who duel each other for glory and the favor of the gods, heh.

I'm thinking of changing the name to something more or less 'generic' like Essence of Primordium, or just Primordium. *shrug* I'm not sure how much folks might enjoy Arkha'an. (Usually pronounced Our Khan, or hilariously enough, Arcaean)

I hate the -isms and church of-'s. I like going for a more archaic feel. Arkha'an is the actual name because, much like the Church of Sartan, it is centered around a single god - in my case Arkha'an of course. Different from Sartan (and this was a source of much fighting and blowing up of my inbox on my Sartan-worshipping character >_<) he is not the patron god nor the highest, strongest god of the pantheon, he is simply the guardian of mankind, god of justice, and in my original story, the creator of mankind. (He shaped Humanity from soil and his Aetheric essence, which was then given shape by the Highest Divines. Each of my primary gods picked a material and had a race created from their essence, but that doesn't come into play in BM so there's no point going into detail)

My religion doesn't demonize other religions nor does it claim to be the only true religion. It believes the gods of other religions are legitimate and hold power, and that our gods are at war, or rivals or, and rarely but sometimes friends of, these other pantheons and many gods. I like to break away from the usual my-god-is-better-than-your-god mentality and your-gods-dont-exist idealism and instead embrace all religions while maintaining a healthy rivalry in the place of outright ignorant cynicism.

You don't have to deny the existence of other gods to have fun and have a solid, well-structured, loyal following ;-)
Old (Deleted) Aurea family= Alura (Ruler/Marshal-Terran); Alekhthaeos (Arcaea); Ehndras (Riombara); Vvaros (Arcaea); Magnus (Xerarch-Xavax); Alekhsandr (Marshal/Hero-Fissoa); Decimus (Warrior-Sandalak); Khets'aeïn(Assassin-Riombara)

This account is no longer in use. New account vaguely under wraps.