Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Werewolf Forum Game, General Discussion

Started by Barek (jerm), August 23, 2012, 09:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penchant

Quote from: Ehndras on August 30, 2012, 08:06:02 AM
I've returned from the Dead Zone and have internet.

I see I've missed a game! I'll be glad to join the next one.
Join "The Hunt"

Edit: Well you did post you are interested but I don't think Barek took it as a sign-up so you should clarify.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Ross

After few exchanges, I realized there's a misconception that if the sage die before spotting one werewolf  and share it, the game is over for villager. And since they don't have a way to clearly know the role of individual they are meant to be tricked and have no way to find who to trust.

In a basic game, sage is a nice role and it adds to the quality of a game. But it's not mandatory, you can play a game as normal without him. Actually, there is a chance there's a sage it's not 100% sure.

In the current game, there's possibility we have a PrIest, mortician, seer trait, witness, spiritually attuned ... one person died with a scan ability and it's game over and you wait to be hunted, come on.
Atamara:    Dwilight:

Sonya

But you have to agree that the seer/sorceres class is the most important strategically talking.

The very first scan is crucial, because if you find some one in the other side, you give your team the advantage, in the other hand if you scan fist a villager you can start forming a team.

Remember that on this kind of game, the villains ALWAYS have the advantage that they are already playing in a TEAM, and they can have 2  people killed in the same day, lynched and killed.

As soon the Seer dies on the very first day, the game becomes random characters VS 1/2 teams, i have already given up on last game, it has become too random, the only thing that have saved the sailors to lose the game is that the two teams of villains are killing each other.

Hope is over soon to start a new one....

Peace!

Indirik

I think we needed more players to have a good 2-bad-guy team game.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Indirik

Probably nearly everyone left is a bad guy of some sort or other.

D'Espana

Have to disagree. First rounds are always random, last ones are not, and for that you don't need a sage. I have never played before with other roles than the assassins and the villagers, although I have to admit that this is a game that previously I had never played on a forum, always was presencial with friends. So now, we are starting to see patterns, and act accordingly. We might be wrong? Sure. But that's the fun of the game, trying to realize who is who just by reactions and votes.

I don't think this game is over. You shouldn't give up, many things can still happen. But that's up to you.
D'Espana Family

Sonya

I gave up on thinking, but i will still have fun!

Well at least will try to spam some nonsense....

peace!

Telrunya

Ahhhh, Indirik was unattached! Why, Indirik, why!

Indirik

Because you died before I could attach. Besides, I was still on your side. Or, well, not on the sailor's side.

Ross

Sailor Brigade ! We arrest you and lynch you before you plan to commit a crime !

Well played Indirik, you really made me doubt about Slapsticks, poor him :(

Indirik

I really thought he was a daimon worshiper guy trying to get me to reveal the members of the other team. He came at me claiming to be the sleeper looking to attach to a team. But that whole story made no sense. Totally not believable. There's no way I could have gone public with that, though, as it would make me look like a huge liar.

Ross

I think we prefer to believe someone is lying than trusting him and be backstabbed.  It looks better to make a mistake because you didn't believe someone than dying by the hand of someone you decided to trust.

It is more suspicious to defend an assassin than killing an innocent.

Easier to claim you we're wrong than you have been manipulated.

This game gets interesting the sailor brigade should start to rally soon.

D'Espana

Quote from: Ross on August 31, 2012, 07:47:57 PM
I think we prefer to believe someone is lying than trusting him and be backstabbed.  It looks better to make a mistake because you didn't believe someone than dying by the hand of someone you decided to trust.

It is more suspicious to defend an assassin than killing an innocent.

Easier to claim you we're wrong than you have been manipulated.

This game gets interesting the sailor brigade should start to rally soon.

I couldn't agree more.
D'Espana Family

Ketchum

LOL. Slapsticks is dead... Of all the people talking in that Werewolf game, I PM him and he trusts I am Sage. That is the reason why he change his vote in a few seconds :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Norrel

Whenever I'm pro town I'm lynched directly because of it. Next game I'm going to deliberately sabotage the game and see if I have more success.
"it was never wise for a ruler to eschew the trappings of power, for power itself flows in no small measure from such trappings."
- George R.R. Martin ; Melisandre