Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf III: A Perilous Voyage  (Read 83360 times)

Fury

Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf III: A Perilous Voyage
« Reply #285: September 03, 2012, 04:39:40 AM »
Me then:

So Cren was my daimon worshipper pack mate and I'm quite sure it was by luck he was targetted by the mutineers first. That put everything into perspective. My primary goal now was to take out the mutineers because they were the ones who could target me directly and whom I had no influence on. It was also by luck the sage was taken out first now there was no way I could be identified. Taking out the mutineer recruiter was also partly luck - I had no idea who it was. I only knew Telrunya changed his vote too suddenly and too unconvincingly.

With 2 recruiters taken out back to back I hoped it caused a little confusion among the sailors and maybe fear in the other remaining mutineer that we were targetting each other directly. So while I was never voted on, it was still an uneasy night as I could be targetted by the remaining mutineer but I had hoped there were other more convincing targets.

When the fracas between Slapsticks and Indirik started it provided the necessary distraction. Indirik was definitely suspicious along with Telrunya and would be my next target but it seemed the sailors were going to do my job for me. My plan was to stick to one reason and one vote and vote early - as the bad guys generally vote late and change their votes too.

When we lost our Mortician, the sailors were really losing their advantage (don't know if they ever used their abilities) and the hunt was just becoming safer. With Indirik just a sleeper I still had to find the remaining mutineer and Velax - with his many side questions was top on the list.

So, another fracas started between Ross and Lefanis. I had no reason to suspect Lefanis at all and Ross completely fooled me  ;D. I was sure Velax was the remaining mutineer and my hunt would take him out. Lynching Ross and/or Lefanis would simply thin out the sailors. I totally believed Ross' bluff that Lefanis was a sleeper and if the only remaining sleeper was gone then I would be totally alone. Lefanis even PMed me telling me that he was a sleeper and would help me but there was no way I was going to give up my identity and I wondered if there was some way to recruit him without having to let him know who I was.

So, I had to reread the sleeper role several times before finally taking a safe gamble and PMing Barek asking to add Lefanis to my pack. I had hoped that if Lefanis was really a sleeper (and if I was in his position) I would simply PM Barek asking to be added to the daimon pack as well as the mutineer pack and assume that the bad guys had already asked for him to be added too. This also seems to be a loophole as the bad guys can simply ask by name for all the sailors to be added to their pack without even PMing or using recruiters to find the sleepers and if the sleepers were smart they would also PM and ask to be added to the bad guys pack to get attached early and get support.

Unfortunately, Lefanis was already on the chopping block and it seemed better to cut my losses and use him as a sacrifice (how daimon like  ;D) to gain standing by voting together with the other sailors. I still believed that Velax was the only remaining mutineer and with him gone and all the sleepers gone I had to take out all the rest of the sailors by myself. Counting the remaining sailors, I could count on Ross to be a target for lynching - with all he said some reason could surely be used - as well as Penchant whose silence was surely suspect. So, I really only needed to hunt one or two more sailors to reach parity. Of course, I still feared that one of them might be a fighter and after I hunted the most likely suspects I would have to be more careful. Actually, I forgot that Slapsticks who had already been taken out was the fighter.

However, to my surprise, Velax was not the remaining mutineer - Ross was! With the other pack now completely wiped out and I unexpectedly gained an ally (who was cursed to join whoever hunted him) the sailors would never see what was coming. When the Hunter's role was questioned Velax was cool and cunning and very convincingly state as a matter of fact that he was a sailor. So, there was a hunt that night. I couldn't skip hunting and lay the suspicion on Penchant because I needed to use my hunt to try and take out the remaining mutineer.

Then with everyone assuming that there was no hunt because someone was 'in hiding' and with the noble hunter leading the way, it was simply smooth sailing to the end.