Author Topic: Grand Duchy of Fissoa thread  (Read 47478 times)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Duchy of Fissoa thread
« Reply #30: August 26, 2012, 04:25:05 PM »
While king of Asylon I enjoyed friendly relations with Aurvandiil and only disagree with their anti religious stance, merely because I believe that a true empire must have its own faith that binds its culture and spreads its influence beyond mere military might. If Aurvandiil is to exceed expectations they will need a faith that is able to pull in other realms, if not it will find itself without much of a common cause. I am under the assumption that Aurvandiil will found a faith once it finds the right time.

It will makes things more interesting, Aurvandiil is like a sword without a soul at the moment. By not having a religion, it has become their greatest weakness.

Yea but we have a really big sword :P

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #31: August 26, 2012, 05:06:52 PM »
Not only that, but I'm sure that while the "Grand Coalition to Destroy Aurvandil" of the 'Moot and the Lurias utterly failed and imploded, Mendicant can realize that is came dangerously close to actually happening. Mendicant may need friends in the future, however he doesn't like to make friends really, so he's going to "make" friends... in the literal sense... he's literally making his own friend, ie. a new realm in Madina, whom I wouldn't be surprised ends up in some kind of vassal-like state to Aurvandil.

Everyone needs friends. That's how you end up not getting ganged up on.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #32: August 27, 2012, 01:25:01 AM »
Yea but we have a really big sword :P

A sword without a soul to weild it is merely an object.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

DamnTaffer

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #33: August 27, 2012, 02:04:33 AM »
A sword without a soul to weild it is merely an object.

The great Aurvandilian Bastard sword, sharpened on grindstones created from the Barcan senate house and weilded by bastards, for bastards against other bastards.

And sometimes we fight non Aurvandilians too.

But thats only when we decide that we should let people outside the evil doom clan play with us and have fun

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #34: August 27, 2012, 04:38:24 AM »
That would be an epic unique item.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #35: September 07, 2012, 06:15:32 PM »
Wow, only 3 pages.  Wow. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #36: September 07, 2012, 06:37:02 PM »
It's the GDF. What do you expect? ((Oh, and that does not mean Global Defense Force...))

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #37: September 07, 2012, 08:25:39 PM »
Ops, sorry. We are enyoing the game so much! We forgot a bit the forum.  8)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #38: September 07, 2012, 08:43:40 PM »
And IG things are currently quite heated up, so there were no comments for some days.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #39: September 07, 2012, 10:35:43 PM »
Objection!

Other realm threads don't grow quiet when stuff is going on.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #40: September 08, 2012, 10:12:44 AM »
What do you expect from a realm you term *the most boring realm ever*? Jokes aside, there aren't any representatives from our realm in this thread apart from me and James. And I was quite busy in RL.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #41: September 08, 2012, 01:27:58 PM »
Objection?... OBJECTION! ... You have the nerve to call me OBJECTION!?... ... ... mmm... and, exactly, what means objection?  8)

Joking aside... The Falkirkians had mauled/beat/thrash Fissoa somewhat bad!... Although they (the Falkirkians) had showed a pair of very serious cases of 'wet pants' in their ranks!  ;D

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #42: September 08, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »
Loss or win doesn't matter. What matters is that we stood against Aurvandil supremacy against all odds. I hope our message was clear.

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #43: September 09, 2012, 01:31:25 PM »
Yes, has been an interesting campaign,  ;D

The only thing I didn't like is to see how useless are the honour duels! In a 'functional' system a pair of 'bragging  cowards' would have loss a fair share of prestige/honour points.  :P

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #44: September 09, 2012, 02:53:47 PM »
Yes, has been an interesting campaign,  ;D

The only thing I didn't like is to see how useless are the honour duels! In a 'functional' system a pair of 'bragging  cowards' would have loss a fair share of prestige/honour points.  :P

Possibly, but if that were so, any griefer with a high swordsmanship skill could just force people he didn't like to lose loads of honour and prestige for no good reason at all.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan