Author Topic: Grand Duchy of Fissoa thread  (Read 50562 times)

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Duchy of Fissoa thread
« Reply #60: May 08, 2013, 04:49:29 PM »
Carry on Fissoa! Destroy Falkirk ASAP. My only regret is that Alvin won't be alive to see it. :'(
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: May 08, 2013, 10:49:20 PM »
Madina will receive an increase in revenue from the value change, and Aurvandil is likely to raid us again any moment. Things don't look too good.

Skyndarbau, by the way, seems to have survived his duel, though he is critically wounded. Not sure how things will go from here, I thought the death of one of the two participants was guaranteed in a death duel?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: May 08, 2013, 10:56:43 PM »
Madina will receive an increase in revenue from the value change, and Aurvandil is likely to raid us again any moment. Things don't look too good.

Skyndarbau, by the way, seems to have survived his duel, though he is critically wounded. Not sure how things will go from here, I thought the death of one of the two participants was guaranteed in a death duel?

Heavens, no. Where'd you get that idea?

I thought both of you were saying you'd delete/kill off the char if you lost, whether or not the duel itself was fatal.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

egamma

« Reply #63: May 08, 2013, 11:13:50 PM »
You can always hold another death duel...odds are pretty low of surviving two.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: May 09, 2013, 01:06:04 AM »
Unless it's between a Kabrinski and a Himoura... ::)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: May 09, 2013, 02:21:34 AM »

I have an idea so this can happen RPly. Hopefully, it works.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Ironsides

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: May 09, 2013, 03:07:34 AM »

I don't know about that. Bowie survived three death duels and escaped execution. If the gods want the character to live, he'll live no matter what's thrown at him. Skyn could be one of those fated few. Odds are ever in his favour.

(eeww, I can't believe I said that! I no like Hunger Games....must wash hands...)
Ironsides Family, mainly East Continent and Dwilight. I dip my toe into Atamara here and there

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: May 09, 2013, 03:12:31 AM »
(eeww, I can't believe I said that! I no like Hunger Games....must wash hands...)

(liar)
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Stabbity

• Marketing
  • Mighty Duke
  • Formerly the Himoura Family. Currently ?????????
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: May 09, 2013, 08:17:23 AM »
Unless it's between a Kabrinski and a Himoura... ::)

Imagine if we had tag team duels. Team Himoura/Kabrinski would be unbeatable.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: May 09, 2013, 08:31:46 AM »
Damn, I should have brought a second. He could have taken over until one of the 4 involved parties dies.

Also, what's so strange about thinking a death duel would .. go on till death? Skyn is of the hero class, mind you.

I'll think about your idea, Arundel :)

In other news, Fissoa was repelled from Madina's walls, but the numbers are turning in our favour it seems. 990 vs 870, if I recall correctly! I shouldn't have placed 1500CS worth of Fissoan SF troops in the region as militia, I suppose :/

Wolfsong

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • FutureMUD
« Reply #70: May 09, 2013, 09:09:04 AM »
I vaguely remember someone offering to stand in as Skyn's second.

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: May 09, 2013, 11:55:59 AM »
Just to let you know, I would delete Alvin tomorrow... I am doing this for the RP, he is being tortured 3-4 times everyday and I don't think someone as frail as Alvin would survive it.
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: May 09, 2013, 12:18:12 PM »
Damn, I should have brought a second. He could have taken over until one of the 4 involved parties dies.

Also, what's so strange about thinking a death duel would .. go on till death? Skyn is of the hero class, mind you.

I'll think about your idea, Arundel :)

In other news, Fissoa was repelled from Madina's walls, but the numbers are turning in our favour it seems. 990 vs 870, if I recall correctly! I shouldn't have placed 1500CS worth of Fissoan SF troops in the region as militia, I suppose :/

We had less CS than they did, atrocious deployment, insufficient siege engines...

Not sure if the goal was simply to break down their walls or what... infils might be of greater utility for that.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: May 09, 2013, 01:10:24 PM »
We had less CS than they did, atrocious deployment, insufficient siege engines...

Not sure if the goal was simply to break down their walls or what... infils might be of greater utility for that.

Crap.

Also: Waldor offered to second, but Skyn sent him back as he was needed in the army.
And: I'd miss Alvin :) I don' think you should kill him for turture, maybe they're just tickling him with feathers?

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: May 09, 2013, 01:44:55 PM »

Also, what's so strange about thinking a death duel would .. go on till death?

A death duel goes on until one or more of the parties can no longer participate. Sometimes, that means they die at the scene. Other times, it just means they've suffered a grievous wound.

Skyn is of the hero class, mind you.

Doesn't make a lick of difference for any death except in battle. Duels aren't battle.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan