Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf V: The Thing  (Read 36674 times)

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf V: The Thing
« Reply #15: September 11, 2012, 05:24:35 AM »
edit:  darn hotlinking police.

this.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 06:19:24 PM by Barek (jerm) »
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Fury

« Reply #16: September 11, 2012, 09:25:24 AM »
Yes. Commandos must agree on who to protect or there will be no protection. If there is only one commando left then he can decide by himself.

Infected persons who are cured by researchers won't know who cured them unless the researchers tell them. Or they could lie.
:
There may be some interesting role combinations. Also, player creativity will generally be rewarded by slightly more favourabe RPs in their favour. Just a bit that won't unbalance too much. Creativity by my interpretation but generally whatever makes the story more exciting and tensed. Feel free to PM me an explanation of your creativity in case I don't see it. :-)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 09:28:00 AM by Fury »

Cren

• Mighty Duke
  • Windblack Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 11, 2012, 03:03:09 PM »
And the cured person won't reveal any information of his former packmates, since he doesn't remember a thing about the 'thing/s' (lol).
Just stay alive and kicking, raise your voice when its needed. Through reason you can show the mistakes of others, something violence can't do.

I don't break rules, I bend them- a lot.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 11, 2012, 03:30:48 PM »
And the cured person won't reveal any information of his former packmates, since he doesn't remember a thing about the 'thing/s' (lol).

This is problematic in my opinion.  Any time you take a player who KNOWS who the bad guys are, and put them into a position where they're NOT SUPPOSED to know who the bad guys are, it  tends to create issues.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Fury

« Reply #19: September 11, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »
Oh, infected persons who have been cured will definitely KNOW who the alien creatures are. Could this be a problem? Possibly. Except that the alien creatures can also say that THEY have just been cured and know the identity of the alien creatures... conflict  :o Also, no one knows just how many are susceptible... and the original Thing cannot be cured - his genome is much closer to the original Alien Creature.

Don't forget Alien Creatures special ability to attack twice in a night if it's the remaining Thing. Lynching comes first before attacks.

Updated:
Researchers: Using an antidote, can turn an infected human back into human again and who can no longer be infected. Alien Creatures will know when an infected human has been cured. Using an antidote on a Susceptible or normal Human has no effect.
Both cured humans and Alien Creatures will be informed by PM at the same time.

For players with more than one role, their MAJOR role counts towards the win, their minor role does not.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile

Fury

« Reply #21: September 11, 2012, 07:43:51 PM »

Dragging the ice block back to camp had taken the better part of the day and most of the team were exhausted. They carefully shoved their discovery into the freezer room then headed their own way to attend to their personal matters.

With dreams of the nobel prize in their eyes they couldn't wait to start working on the ice block but it could wait. After all, it had been there for perhaps 100,000 years. It could surely wait another day?

Unfortunately, one scientist, greedier than the rest, felt he knew better. "Why should I share my discovery?" he thought. "I was the one pushing the darn block from the back. I don't think the others were even heaving it from the front!" he recalled angrily.

So, when no one was around, he slyly crept into the freezer room. As he opened the door a blast of cold wind hit his face and elsewhere throughout the camp complex, a strange and foreboding chill ran down the spines of everyone...

THE GAME STARTS

Orders may be sent but there will be no voting to lynch anyone until an actual killing happens.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 11, 2012, 08:29:56 PM »
So, if I have understood it well, those with special characteristics can start to use them now, but we can't start lynching people until next day? That's mean, bro!
D'Espana Family

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 11, 2012, 08:32:39 PM »
We're just waiting for night to settle in so that one of us can be horribly murdered by a thing not-of-this-world.  Relax.  Have some hot coco.

Fury

« Reply #24: September 11, 2012, 08:35:06 PM »
Yes, so no one gets lucky and lynches The Thing before he/she/it kills anyone  ;) You should all use the time to get the feel of one another in a calm and relaxed manner as we build up suspense till next sunset.

As for skills, use 'em or lose 'em  ;)

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 12, 2012, 02:49:40 AM »
We're just waiting for night to settle in so that one of us can be horribly murdered by a thing not-of-this-world.  Relax.  Have some hot coco.
Sure, I take your coco and gulp it down. Brrrr.... it is very cold.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 12, 2012, 03:40:34 AM »
Anyone got any vodka? Mixes pretty well with hot chocolate.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 12, 2012, 03:54:29 AM »
Are you implyeenk that because I am Russian, I always have the vodka? I resent that unfair stereotype! I am goeenk to my room to drink myself to sleep.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 12, 2012, 04:33:22 AM »
So is it too late to join? Probably is but I thought I would ask since there was no explicit saying of this.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 12, 2012, 04:40:15 AM »
You're a Russian? Seriously? Your accent had me convinced you were German.

Or a mad scientist.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.