Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf V: The Thing  (Read 37188 times)

Zakilevo

Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf V: The Thing
« Reply #75: September 13, 2012, 11:46:51 PM »
I knew he was the thing hehe.

My blood test showed something weird which I didn't bother sharing.

Good job guys. Killing the thing on the first day :D

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: September 14, 2012, 01:26:36 AM »
The Thing is Dead?? :o Wow, we done it ;D

Since The Thing is Dead, let see what our GM write about the scanning :P

You look at Indirik. His chiselled chin and abrupt manners won't exactly do him any favours at a party but he doesn't exactly seem out of place in the camp complex, although he doesn't quite fit in either. You remember some of his scientific observations, while not breathtaking, still contibuted to the total scientific knowledge of the expedition. As far as you can tell, he seems to be the same old Indirik that came to the camp complex at the beginning of this whole expedition. You don't know why you're even analyzing him - that ice block must be getting on your nerves.

Today, you look at D'Espana. You notice him cutting his lips on the glass of water that he used to try and cleanse the vodka from his body. Nothing uncommon there. He was really drunk after all and not pretending, at least you didn't think so. You hope it wasn't because he wasn't used to holding a glass but that certainly couldn't be it. What kind of drunk couldn't hold a glass? Anyway, you smelt the alcohol on his breath as he passed you by. Then you look back and do a double take - the water glass is gone! You definitely saw D'Espana putting it down before leaving.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #77: September 14, 2012, 02:23:14 AM »
Wait...didn't The Thing infect someone on Night 0?

ยง11 - The game will start with one NPC dying on the very first night and the first player character The Thing hunts will automatically be infected regardless of trait. This means on the very first night, there is only ONE The Thing and one NPC will die and one player will be infected and turn into a second The Thing.

So isn't there still one The Thing running about?

Zakilevo

« Reply #78: September 14, 2012, 03:04:15 AM »
Wait...didn't The Thing infect someone on Night 0?

So isn't there still one The Thing running about?

Well we killed the thing before it infected someone - meaning a player.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: September 14, 2012, 03:33:36 AM »
FWIW - Commando (susceptible)   <-- me
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: September 14, 2012, 04:22:51 AM »
Well we killed the thing before it infected someone - meaning a player.

No, we killed it on Night 1. The quote I gave suggested two people would be attacked on Night 0 before the game officially begins - an NPC who would die and a player who would turn into a second The Thing.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: September 14, 2012, 06:12:23 AM »
I don't think its all over....
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #82: September 14, 2012, 06:22:19 AM »
Vote Barek!

Why? He voted for D'espana at the last minute, killing a townie. My hunch is that he was hunted along with Billy on day 1.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 06:24:44 AM by Lefanis »
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Ross

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: September 14, 2012, 07:23:12 AM »
Can i be the new thing :)
Atamara:    Dwilight:

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: September 14, 2012, 02:20:50 PM »
I'm a commando along with Indirik though!  Is there still a bad guy?
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: September 14, 2012, 02:37:54 PM »
I thought it was over.   Assuming for a moment that the game is not over, I think that any remaining bad guy is likely to lay as low as is possible.  I don't think Lanyon has said anything.  That'd be my strategy if I were a bad guy.

Vote Layton.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #86: September 14, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »
Who's with me?  Let's not lynch Wilford Brimley!

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: September 14, 2012, 05:43:58 PM »
I'll vote Lanyon.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88: September 14, 2012, 06:11:24 PM »
VOTE LANYON

Gotta support my commando buddy.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Fury

« Reply #89: September 14, 2012, 07:28:48 PM »

NIGHT 3 EVENTS - Surprise!

(1) VOTE Barek by: Lefanis (#82)
(2) VOTES Lanyon by: Barek (jerm) (#85), Velax (#87)

Velax was the first not to believe that the alien creature threat was gone. Tonight, Velax was the first to die from an alien creature attack.

Lefanis also did not believe that the threat was gone and started a vote to have Barek lynched but couldn't get enough support. No one seemed to believe his tale that Barek was "infected". The other scientists were either too drunk or partying somewhere in the complex to take much heed of Lefanis' warning that "it wasn't over." In fact, Zakilevo boasted that he knew Slapsticks was the Thing all along. Ketchum was simply ecstatic that they got the Thing. Only Lanyon kept silent, presumably shell shocked over all the violence.

Barek wasn't buying it though. He voted to have Lanyon lynched on the premise of the 'bad guy lying low' strategy. He was a little drunk and said "Layton" but as he had said Lanyon earlier and "Layton" wasn't too far off the mark, it got through. Somehow, he got Velax to vote with him. Indirik tried to tag along in the voting but missed the deadline by 11 minutes and 25 seconds.

Lefanis had earlier stormed off somewhere after no one believed him so Velax and Barek headed to Lanyon's personal quarters and dragged him out. They hung him up by his hands somewhere and took turns to whack him with the microscope and bunsen burner alternately. Still, Lanyon kept his silence and this goaded the both of them to increase their tempo. They had gotten a good rhythm going for sometime before realizing he was already dead. Still, they took turns to poke him with a stick but to their disappointment, he did not change into any Thing (anything - get it?). Ashamed, they went their separate ways.

Lanyon - Researcher is lynched.

As, Velax walks slowly back to his personal quarters he is professionally disturbed that he did not see the tell-tale signs of Lanyon's innocence. Of course he didn't say much. The poor kid was relatively new to the expedition. He turned round the corner and is stopped by the sight of someone wringing his two tentacles in delight.

"YOU??!" gasped Velax in shock.

"Yes," smiled the Thing. "So, tell me, Velax - What was your relationship with your mother like?"

Velax - Psychologist is sucked dry and killed.