Author Topic: New War Predictions  (Read 160811 times)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
Re: New War Predictions
« Reply #150: October 10, 2012, 10:42:44 PM »
Your false gods will never see worship in these lands, heathen!  The Church of Ibladesh is ash, as it belongs!  Praise the Divine, Her Light shall brighten the entire continent one day!

Assuming more damned bugs don't screw with religious spread.

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #151: October 10, 2012, 10:53:36 PM »
So if Ibby religion rises again I think it would be mm interesting to say the least. How many religions have risen up again and taken back what was theirs? Perhaps, we will see Dunnera beat Caligus with the help of Nievmus O_O... then again I doubt it
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #152: October 10, 2012, 10:54:54 PM »
Perhaps, we will see Dunnera beat Caligus with the help of Nievmus O_O... then again I doubt it

Nope.

Zakilevo

« Reply #153: October 10, 2012, 10:58:25 PM »
So if Ibby religion rises again I think it would be mm interesting to say the least. How many religions have risen up again and taken back what was theirs? Perhaps, we will see Dunnera beat Caligus with the help of Nievmus O_O... then again I doubt it

Nope. If Nivemus join to help Dunnera, Perdan will jump on Caligus' side and everyone knows Perdan is bigger and stronger than Nivemus :o

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #154: October 10, 2012, 11:00:45 PM »
Nope. If Nivemus join to help Dunnera, Perdan will jump on Caligus' side and everyone knows Perdan is bigger and stronger than Nivemus :o

Well, that and the fact that warring with Caligus never ends well for the other side. Ever.

Besides, I just got a peace treaty with Caligus, AND Sirion is Caligus' ally. Why would I screw with that?

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155: October 10, 2012, 11:25:22 PM »
Why would I screw with that?

There is nothing else to watch on TV, the Dunnera-Caligus thing is like watching "Meet the Spartans" come on!

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #156: October 10, 2012, 11:33:30 PM »
Sonya's got a point. ZZZzzz ::) :o
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Deytheur

« Reply #157: October 10, 2012, 11:44:59 PM »
I will tell you what's the problem with Eponllyn.

I was part of Eponllyn (check my sig) but they don't please the nobles to stay, i have a Cavalier there, and i needed cavalry unit, they didn't wanted to construct center, and demolished the existing one.

Lastly they told me that if i wanted cavalry centers i had to use my family gold to have one, so i hitchhiked a coach to Armonia, there i was well treated, got centres, got resources, christ! my currently unit is a 900CS cavalry unit that i used to run over Eponllyn in couple of battles.

Thats is (at least one) of Eponllyn problems.

That's not quite true. One of our big problems (also tying in to Indirik's post) is that our infrastructure is in very poor condition. Our lands were completely destroyed by Perdan in the Ibladesh War whereas Armonia was pretty much untouched. We have one small city fully functional. Al Arab has gained 800 peasants in nearly 6 months and Ibladesh City has less than 2% of it's total population. Neither can sustain recruitment centres, they just break down within weeks of them being built.  3 of our rurals aren't at full pop either.

We were also quite gold poor at the time you were there I believe, it wasn't long after we were created.

It's not that we didn't want to build cavalry centres but we couldn't justify spending 600 gold to try for a cavalry centre when we could spend 200 gold on a normal centre that had more chance of creating something successfully. We needed new infantry and archery centres just as much and we had to prioritise them given that they form the bulk of an army.

I don't know who told you that you had to use your family gold but I'm pretty sure that I at least made it clear we didn't have the money to try just for cavalry centres at that time. That one cavalry centre that we had in Jariedma had stats of 40/30 I believe and it was pushing up the costs of building new ones and with the terrible quality of the troops it wasn't worth keeping. It's not that we didn't care it's that we didn't have much choice at the time.

I was actually very sad to see you leave as I loved your RPs about our one very poor cavalry centre and your band of 'circus' troops, they made me laugh on more than on occassion. So it makes me sad that the reason you left is basically that Armonia is richer than us. One day we will recreate the Black Riders of Aix, hey our banner even has a horse head on it ;)

We had money during the war to recruit units yes but Armonia, with one large and one medium sized city were always going to have more. They already have some of the richest families in the game in terms of family wealth. We have potential to be a powerful realm but at the rate our cities are growing it is going to be a while before we can realise our full potential so until then all we can hope for is another continent wide war that we can jump into (makes eyes at Hinamoto and Dobromir).

In the mean time I have plans to flesh out a new religion which will see me leaving the holding of Semall to someone else :)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #158: October 11, 2012, 12:00:17 AM »
There is nothing else to watch on TV, the Dunnera-Caligus thing is like watching "Meet the Spartans" come on!

Well, there is that. But, I do not have suicidal tendencies.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #159: October 11, 2012, 02:33:50 AM »
That's pretty poor form to go trashing Eponllyn for that. The realm was just trying to get on its feet. It was only a few regions that were completely stripped bare by the war. They had to rebuild everything from the ground up. And as Deytheur said, the one cavalry center they had was garbage. It needed to be torn down. You can hardly compare a realm like that to anywhere on Atamara, where the entire island is full of rich, established realms who hand out gold like candy on Halloween.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #160: October 11, 2012, 02:41:56 AM »
Atamara, where the entire island is full of rich, established realms who hand out gold like candy on Halloween.

Is this true? which realm hands gold like candy?!

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #161: October 11, 2012, 02:58:45 AM »
Is this true? which realm hands gold like candy?!

Darka.

Zakilevo

« Reply #162: October 11, 2012, 03:50:59 AM »
I should join Darka and increase my family gold then :D

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163: October 11, 2012, 04:02:26 AM »
That's a good way to get yourself a quick ban.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #164: October 11, 2012, 04:04:10 AM »
That's a good way to get yourself a quick ban.

Yup. They hand out gold like candy, but they monitor it pretty well. Darka is a well oiled machine.