Author Topic: New War Predictions  (Read 159070 times)

Chaotrance13

Re: New War Predictions
« Reply #285: January 10, 2013, 09:29:12 PM »

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #286: January 10, 2013, 11:40:51 PM »
I'll retire myself of this topic. First because I don't know if the people with the Church's symbol don't know the difference between character and player and OOC and IC. The first time I listen about this imbecility of rapists was through Jor, in game. Now I hear it from another player, in the Forum, but not accusing a character, but the player. This is complete stupidity and beyond my patience even to defend myself against this kind of lunatic behavior.

I don't know from where came this absurd conclusion, but honestly, it makes no difference now. You are not the kind of player with whom I came to deal in this Forum.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Zakilevo

« Reply #287: January 11, 2013, 12:14:43 AM »
I think once Tanos finishes the creation story for CoH, Sirion will be able to declare war on CoH easily. It would give them a good reason to start something. So Tanos do try to finish your story up quickly so we get some wars.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #288: January 11, 2013, 12:34:42 AM »
Honestly, when I read the roleplays, all I could think of was rape. That was a while ago though, since it basically caused me to leave Sirion and never come back.

Zakilevo

« Reply #289: January 11, 2013, 12:44:35 AM »
I don't read RPs unless they are written by someone I play with a lot or by myself >:D

Maybe that is why I am still in Sirion :o

Chaotrance13

« Reply #290: January 11, 2013, 01:10:51 AM »
I'll retire myself of this topic. First because I don't know if the people with the Church's symbol don't know the difference between character and player and OOC and IC. The first time I listen about this imbecility of rapists was through Jor, in game. Now I hear it from another player, in the Forum, but not accusing a character, but the player. This is complete stupidity and beyond my patience even to defend myself against this kind of lunatic behavior.

I don't know from where came this absurd conclusion, but honestly, it makes no difference now. You are not the kind of player with whom I came to deal in this Forum.

Good riddance.

And on the topic of a war with Sirion based on the creation story of Holy Church? Well, I've said it before (and been proven by the player of Erik's post above) - if certain players in Sirion weren't asses OOCly, I would enjoy a good war even if it resulted in a loss or destruction - gives more motive for revenge that way. But instead? I dread it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 01:24:16 AM by Ravier »

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #291: January 11, 2013, 01:21:28 AM »

Right.  You RP your characters promoting rape and "I NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE!!!!"

Seriously, don't lie OOC.  You can lie through your teeth IC, but don't do that out of character.  But then, when you're guilty of what you accuse of others...

Yeah.  Have fun with that.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #292: January 11, 2013, 01:32:34 AM »
Right.  You RP your characters promoting rape and "I NEVER HEARD OF THIS BEFORE!!!!"

Seriously, don't lie OOC.  You can lie through your teeth IC, but don't do that out of character.  But then, when you're guilty of what you accuse of others...

Yeah.  Have fun with that.

I don't mean to be abrupt, but is this how a global moderator should act?

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #293: January 11, 2013, 01:33:02 AM »
OOCly, I would enjoy a good war even if it resulted in a loss or destruction - gives more motive for revenge that way. But instead? I dread it.

What makes you dread a war with players you dislike? I would think that would be the preferred opponent.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #294: January 11, 2013, 01:35:41 AM »
What makes you dread a war with players you dislike? I would think that would be the preferred opponent.

He doesn't want to deal with the crap either way, if they win or lose.

Foxglove

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #295: January 11, 2013, 01:41:33 AM »
It's sadly true that most of the pre and post battle RPs I've seen come out of Sirion when fighting against them have either dealt with rape or the mutilation of corpses. I suppose that if the Sirionites/elves see humans as little more than animals who occupy a world that rightly belongs to them it does make sense in that way, but it seems like much more could be done with the elven lore than stuff like that.

Personally, I find it pretty unpalatable so I tend to just skip over those RPs now. But there's no doubting that some armies in the Middle Ages behaved like that.

Zakilevo

« Reply #296: January 11, 2013, 01:43:00 AM »

If you want to complain about a global moderator, don't do it here. Send it straight to Tom instead.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #297: January 11, 2013, 01:48:39 AM »
If you want to complain about a global moderator, don't do it here. Send it straight to Tom instead.

I probably should have just sent Tanos a message. I don't think it needs to come to anything that drastic, I just don't want a flame war to break out.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #298: January 11, 2013, 01:56:48 AM »
It's sadly true that most of the pre and post battle RPs I've seen come out of Sirion when fighting against them have either dealt with rape or the mutilation of corpses.

Ah, that explains Ravier's dread. I can see how it would offend some sensibilities. Kudos to them for creating a good villain, though. Rape-elves seem unique.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #299: January 11, 2013, 01:59:01 AM »

And should a global moderator not call someone out when they're blatantly lying?  Or that they accuse others of doing exactly what they do?

There are no proscriptions to either, to my knowledge.

And for some reason, "rape-elves" made me laugh.  In most fandom, it's the elves on the catching end, however.