Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

New War Predictions

Started by ShadySoulja, September 12, 2012, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eduardo Almighty

Completely unnecessary. In the game, in-game, any comment is valid (albeit stupid) and even with good results in RPs, as was my RP with Dürion that served to disarm some of my arguments (but also well praised here on the Forum and very valid for politics in times of war within the game).

The game is to have fun. Elves or not, once again what really matters is the character and his actions despite being elf or human. The game mechanics works regardless of these concepts.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Blue Star

Elves? I always thought they did exist well since everyone started the elf and orc banter back around 04-05 I believe everyone up their was one! Now only half breeds and such I think are up their. Yet, weren't their Orcs? I mean was Hellscream a orc? *coughs*

Orc of course are just ugly green humans *coughs*

Sirion mmm survived many many things cause of their regions and neighbors unwillingness. I even thought of joining that group once, alas to fight against pointy eared people was more entertaining than with them. oo the rp oo the bloodshed.
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Zakilevo

Quote from: Blue Star on January 25, 2013, 10:58:46 PM
Elves? I always thought they did exist well since everyone started the elf and orc banter back around 04-05 I believe everyone up their was one! Now only half breeds and such I think are up their. Yet, weren't their Orcs? I mean was Hellscream a orc? *coughs*

Orc of course are just ugly green humans *coughs*

Sirion mmm survived many many things cause of their regions and neighbors unwillingness. I even thought of joining that group once, alas to fight against pointy eared people was more entertaining than with them. oo the rp oo the bloodshed.

Can't compare something if you haven't experienced it ;) Look at me! I have characters on both sides ;)

Eduardo Almighty

Sirion survived against almost the entire continent in the last war.

And about the elves and some accusations that I was not there in 2004 when everyone had stupid names and crazy interactions (and when apparently I had the choice to play as elf different when I joined in 2006), we have NPCs and I can draw a family lineage since the first age without problems ;)

Probably my interpretation of an elf is too much singular to please the worshipers of good guys they saw in Tolkien's works or World of Warcraft. Especially because I don't like Tolkien or WOW. Instead I prefer the elves mentioned in norse mythology.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Turner

Quote from: Eduardo Almighty on January 25, 2013, 02:02:34 PM
It's your right to not believe in elves (and the difference is that we don't try to impose our opinion as the only truth to the other players who want to have some fun playing in Sirion) how is our right to believe and spread the news that the Church is against elves and Jor is just a crazy lunatic creating something more dangerous than the Flow, and therefore should be eliminated. He has the same religion in another realms and continents... he will face little problems to leave with his fanaticism to other beaches.

The only hope to see Sirion split in two would be a feud between Ecthelion (Duke of Sirion) and Erik (Duke of Avamar, the largest duchy in Sirion), but that will never happen because Erik is an elf, you believing it or not, protesting it or not, repeating it forever or not. And he's a true Sirionite like Ecthelion is. Also, we have Alexander in Parm, Slimbar is secure under Anurak, Karbala with Zakilevo and Krimml... well... even with a backstab, the Council will not allow the city to become a duchy before the war, just after and then we will have a lot to discuss.

Sirion don't want to domain half of the map. Sirion just want to return to origins before the last war. To do it Sirion had to eliminate the Sultanate and Fontan much more because of the Flow and a sequence of stupid Judges torturing and killing prisoners. Now we have to solve our differences with Westmoor and Jor is just helping us, giving us reasons to do it.

Nivemus have everything to grow with Sirionite help, so have OI.

Going to war is solving differences is it? :P

Westmoor tried to do that with Sirion during the formation stages of the peace treaty that they currently share. We basically got told that Westmoor had no chance of furthering relations with Sirion (beyond the peace treaty) because of its ties to Perdan and the fact that Sirion is still hungry for more land because they want to take Oligarch and I would assume some rural regions too.

Wars get fought to gain land. Land gets taken out of greed and desire, as such is the nature of BattleMaster. To fight, to expand, to survive.

Differences are solved by having discussions and attempting to reach an amicable and suitable resolution :)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)

Uzamaki

Quote from: Turner on January 26, 2013, 07:12:40 AM
Going to war is solving differences is it? :P

Differences are solved by having discussions and attempting to reach an amicable and suitable resolution :)

Or by destroying the differences so that there is only one.

Zakilevo

Quote from: Uzamaki on January 26, 2013, 07:17:05 AM
Or by destroying the differences so that there is only one.

And that is how BM should work. You crush your foes or be crushed.

Feylonis

Plus the fact that Westmoor was founded by Perdan with the idea of recreating Oligarch, which was Sirion's major enemy.

Chaotrance13

Quote from: Zaki on January 26, 2013, 07:33:43 AM
And that is how BM should work. You crush your foes or be crushed.

Last I checked, the thing the game focused on was playing to have fun. Not playing to win.

Zakilevo

Quote from: Ravier on January 26, 2013, 09:36:22 AM
Last I checked, the thing the game focused on was playing to have fun. Not playing to win.

And last time I checked the game was called Battlemaster. I enjoy the battle aspect of the game.

Indirik

There is a difference between playing to win a war, and playing to win the game. Your characters should be trying to win the war, unless they have some IC reason to want their side to lose, or prolong the war, which should be rare. The characters *should* want to win. And there is nothing wrong with the player wanting to win a war, either.

We as players, though, should not be playing to win BattleMaster the game. You can't win it. So don't try.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

Quote from: Feylonis on January 26, 2013, 07:49:31 AM
Plus the fact that Westmoor was founded by Perdan with the idea of recreating Oligarch, which was Sirion's major enemy.

While this may be true to some extent, it is at best deeply incomplete.

I was involved in the founding of Westmoor, and this was certainly not even close to the main reason for it. Indeed, I don't recall it being mentioned in the discussions I was involved in.

Just because a realm happens to include the capital city of a former realm, and happens to land on the "same side" of a geopolitical divide as that former realm, doesn't mean it was founded to be the rebirth of that realm.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

Indeed, that was not the primary motivation for the founding of Westmoor. I was part of the Perdan Senate at the time, and the Marshal who led Perdan's Crimson Wing to cut the duchy of Westmoor out of Fontan. We were not explicitly reforming Oligarch. If we were, the name probably would have been reused in some form.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Chaotrance13

Quote from: Zaki on January 26, 2013, 03:08:37 PM
And last time I checked the game was called Battlemaster. I enjoy the battle aspect of the game.

I do too. But what I don't enjoy is people like you who take a perverse pleasure in playing schoolyard bully OOC "for teh lulz". It's disgraceful. And I certainly don't enjoy your realmmates being pricks OOCly for no good reason. You, as a ruler, failed to prevent that kind of behaviour in the last war. I suspect you will do so again because you will be joining in with it if this post is anything to go by.

At least the Saxons won't be involved this time (I hope).

Uzamaki

Quote from: Ravier on January 26, 2013, 07:14:06 PM
I do too. But what I don't enjoy is people like you who take a perverse pleasure in playing schoolyard bully OOC "for teh lulz". It's disgraceful. And I certainly don't enjoy your realmmates being pricks OOCly for no good reason. You, as a ruler, failed to prevent that kind of behaviour in the last war. I suspect you will do so again because you will be joining in with it if this post is anything to go by.

At least the Saxons won't be involved this time (I hope).

Rulers aren't responsible for monitoring OOC behavior. And I don't see how enjoying battle indicates he is going to 'schoolyard bully' you.