Author Topic: New War Predictions  (Read 160790 times)

Menethil

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: New War Predictions
« Reply #405: January 29, 2013, 08:09:24 PM »
You have to win the war to actually be able to settle who gets what

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #406: January 29, 2013, 08:12:32 PM »
You have to win the war to actually be able to settle who gets what

I disagree. The goal of this whole endeavor is pretty clear cut, which means until we accomplish that goal, war is on. We want to make sure we have it planned out so nobody gets taken advantage of. Besides, Sirion still has ridiculously dumb claims from the Doc era that we need to sort through so...

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #407: January 29, 2013, 08:15:09 PM »
Anyways, I should probably shut up because I feel like I am giving too much insight into the inner workings of what's happening right now.

Dishman

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #408: January 29, 2013, 08:38:32 PM »
Our 'logistical issues' basically revolve around who gets what more than anything else, so, I wouldn't get too eager and think you are catching anyone off guard.

My comment goes both ways. Maybe Sirion is giving up their chance to attack an unready realm while they argue over spoils they haven't gained yet. The fact that everyone knew a war was coming (even before the Armonian warning) means that people are showing their hands. Maybe someone has something up their sleeve, and I would hope they do given how much time people have had to plan, but the longer you wait the more likely what is up your sleeve will fall out.
Eoric the Dim (Perdan), Enoch the Bright (Asylon), Emeric the Dark (Obsidian Islands)

Orobos, The Insatiable Snake (Sandalak)

Eduardo Almighty

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #409: January 29, 2013, 08:51:37 PM »
We're definitely not talking about spoils. We just want good reasons to fight this war without give more reasons when everyone already thinks we are the big bullies of East Continent.

The Council of Sirion is a great place to play politics, but sometimes it's a kick in the arse.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #410: January 29, 2013, 09:14:34 PM »
My comment goes both ways. Maybe Sirion is giving up their chance to attack an unready realm while they argue over spoils they haven't gained yet. The fact that everyone knew a war was coming (even before the Armonian warning) means that people are showing their hands. Maybe someone has something up their sleeve, and I would hope they do given how much time people have had to plan, but the longer you wait the more likely what is up your sleeve will fall out.

I have planned for those such scenarios as well. ;)

Zakilevo

« Reply #411: January 29, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »
Politics of Sirion is giving me a headache. So many obstacles to overcome...

Well I am definitely trying to get this thing going asap. Like what Menethil said, everyone knew this was coming for some time. It was just hard to initiate. I think everyone is pretty much ready to go to war.

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #412: January 30, 2013, 03:40:15 AM »
This.

Everyone assumes Nivemus=New 'Old Rancagua'. I hope it has progressed beyond that point...
Unfortunately, when that's been Nivemus's claim to anything and when Sirion and Nivemus on its founding has said it's simply new OR...  Well, what do you expect?

now we have reason to see the Church as something much more dangerous than the Flow.
Err.  Yeah.  A faith that only converts through preaching and prohibits many of the priest options (such as seizing regions) from being used is more dangerous than a faith that made continual attempts to take lands with such methods? :p

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #413: January 30, 2013, 04:35:25 AM »
Unfortunately, when that's been Nivemus's claim to anything and when Sirion and Nivemus on its founding has said it's simply new OR...  Well, what do you expect?

Err.  Yeah.  A faith that only converts through preaching and prohibits many of the priest options (such as seizing regions) from being used is more dangerous than a faith that made continual attempts to take lands with such methods? :p

On the contrary, we haven't used that claim at all. At least not of any significance yet. All the regions we have taken were either rogue or Sultanate. Yes, they correspond with the boundaries of Old Rancagua, but that doesn't mean we have a claim from them... Kinda like how Westmoor doesn't have a claim to the next Oligarch JUST BECAUSE they have Oligarch City and like two people from back in the day Oligarch.

And a faith that is basically a powder keg, ready to blow up against any aggressive elves? The Flow wasn't always corrupt either...

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #414: January 30, 2013, 04:45:12 AM »
Actually, you did.  And Sirion did for you.  Zakky was quite adamant that Nivemus has what it has because they are OR restored.

A faith that would maintain its principles when it is outright attacked by the "elves"?  That doesn't sound like a powder keg.  That sounds like defending itself and maintaining the moral high ground.

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #415: January 30, 2013, 04:47:42 AM »
Actually, you did.  And Sirion did for you.  Zakky was quite adamant that Nivemus has what it has because they are OR restored.

A faith that would maintain its principles when it is outright attacked by the "elves"?  That doesn't sound like a powder keg.  That sounds like defending itself and maintaining the moral high ground.

Sirion can say what it wants, but they do not define who we are. Yes, we take some values from OR and some values from Sirion, but we are not OR reborn. I have remained adamant about that.

Everyone says that they will stick to their 'values' though. ;)

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #416: January 30, 2013, 04:53:45 AM »
Yes, but we have.  Otherwise all of Fontan would've been religiously seized. :P

Blue Star

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #417: January 30, 2013, 05:12:32 AM »
it be more interesting to bicker in game with your characters and start a war! Westmoor assaults Sirion or Sirion attacks Caligus
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Uzamaki

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #418: January 30, 2013, 05:16:18 AM »
it be more interesting to bicker in game with your characters and start a war! Westmoor assaults Sirion or Sirion attacks Caligus

Why in the world would Sirion attack Caligus? That is literally the last realm Sirion would attack.

Turner

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #419: January 30, 2013, 05:20:01 AM »
Why in the world would Sirion attack Caligus? That is literally the last realm Sirion would attack.

So you admit Sirion could possibly attack Caligus then ;)
Michael (BT) - Marcus (BT) - Antonious (EC) - Claudius (EC)