Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

New War Predictions

Started by ShadySoulja, September 12, 2012, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eduardo Almighty

The war will happen, that's obvious. However, that was very funny to see Atanamir's reasons. He looks like a shepherd fighting for some goats that MAYBE (just maybe) have jumped the fence. It's not the first time that the lack of logical reasons leads to outlandish reasons that are not based on the real game history, but in pure background. This is at least disrespectful to the other players. It's not enough to be Ruler in his own kingdom, he even thinks he have the right to interpret nonsense about the peasants from other realms. It's like hearing this stupidity about Sirion have slaves when it was never interpreted this way inside the realm. Propaganda is one thing, trying to interpret it as something real for your own benefit is idiotic.

But it is a simple argument to be refuted. Many regions from Old Rancagua/Sultanate/Nivemus were completely devastated. The Sultan could have expelled these families, enslaved them for his harems, etc.. It's much more likely that Erik has more bastards in Nivemus than Atanamir have whole tribes connected with his family. It's like when Westmoor invented that Sirion kidnapped its king. Interesting? Maybe. Possible? Absolutely not. Factual? Definitely not. Only an inventive RP, though false, to justify a situation that considers only one side and that has no basis in game mechanics. As much as I love a good background, I also love when it can be based on real events. This is not the case at all.

But in the end it was a good excuse to attack Nivemus instead to declare war against Sirion. I think Atanamir not have enough balls to declare war against the realm that kicked him and where he's still considered a joke and the worst General we ever had. It's easier to create fictional reasons, even when the true sound more fun.

In "protest", I sent my own RP to the rulers channel.
Now with the Skovgaard Family... and it's gone.
Serpentis again!

Atanamir

Hello, just a few things from the worst General that Sirion ever had, since I don't like to involve things into OOC too much.

The whole story started with finding parts of my personal RP which I have since 2004 in the wiki page of Nivemus.
I must say I was flattered, even though there were mistakes about the Haradrim. Like e.g. they were dated in Pedrera and Caqueta since 5-4 centuries, when it could have been max 100-150 years (if I count Fuinur's and Atanamir's age and some time inbetween).

This gave me a reason to use my RP and RP it with Nivemus, since Nivemus obviously did the same vice versa to settle its foundation as new realm.

The Haradrim are since centuries connected with the Umbar lords, you can find their name on recruitment centers and units on almost all continents, longer than Brock exists for example (good RP but Gelderin is nothing but a traitor to his tribe! :D ).

So, common history gets shared and everyone involved can use it. Just like in RL, how many wars have started due to ethnic groups feeling themselves closer to other countries than the current they belong to! ;)

So enjoy the war and make the best out of it. And stop OOCing so much. Use your imagination and fight IG back.

Eduardo Almighty

I just think it's good to draw certain limits in your RPs for the future. I just don't think it's fair to have a single view of a "clan" or whole tribes into a realm which is now led by another people and others who have an equal right to say, for example, that all Haradrim in Nivemus were extinguished, immigrated, etc.

I don't like to know that someone in another edge of the continent is doing RPs about the commoners in Avamar without any foundation in game mechanics besides the desire to start a war. This can be fun, but it would be much more fun if it was something consensual and not something imposed... it's a basic rule for good RPs (Jor can think elves are just crazy people mutilating their own ears, but that doesn't make him owner of any absolute truth as cows would not start to fly just because I believe they can). Now you made it public, then I will enjoy a little as well. Erik also have a rich history from the war against the Sultans and the foundation of Nivemus. I'm surprised, but I can find Erik's name as savior of the White Tree.

This is a Forum, this is to discuss OOC. In game, I sent my RP. Let's see if there will be some reaction or if Atanamir is worried just with Nivemus. Or if they know that Erik have harems filled with beautiful young women from the Sultanate and his own Haradrim serving him. Nivemus is arming the tribes to fight... Erik just wants a little worship. ;)
Serpentis again!

Uzamaki

Quote from: Eduardo Almighty on February 15, 2013, 12:31:42 PM
I'm surprised, but I can find Erik's name as savior of the White Tree.

Messiah may be a little much. But you certainly are viewed as someone who carried out Ora's will. High Priest Obito likes Erik. Liked him more when he wasn't as here, there, and everywhere.

Interesting terms Atanamir just offered. And completely outrageous. But that's to be expected, right?  :D

Perdan will be from now on in war status with Nivemus till following terms will be accepted by Nivemus:

- Nivemus will secede the Duchy of Oroya to an independent realm, which truly follows the ways of Old Rancagua.
- The new realm will be a Monarchy, Sir Talius shall become its King, further former Old Rancaguans (not ex-Sironites) for the council shall be decided along with Perdan.
- The new realm will be in Oroya - Pedrera - Pucallpa - Juazeiro - Salta, the original lands of the Old Rancagua. The name of the realm is free to decide, it should have though a connex to the history of the greater region.
- Nivemus shall remain in Ashforth - Dale - Obando - Caqueta (lands that Old Rancagua had occupied from Oligarch and Eleador)
- The region of Oberndorf (originally a land of Oligarch) will go to Westmoor and Nivemus will give up any claim on the region of Oberndorf. Claim disputes will be settled this way for good and Westmoor can take care of the oppressed region and people.
- Kronogos Neji steps down and Nivemus will turn into a Democracy. This will be the lesson that you will get due to the civilian oppression you practice.
- Both realms can continue to have the Order of the White Tree as religion, but the main seat will be in the other realm. Also, any of the current Nivemus elders will be demoted and the new elders will sit in Oroya and consist out of nobles of the other realm.
- The Haradrim will completely migrate to Perdan and serve the family of Umbar again. Individuals can stay if they decide so. The Harad tribe elder is already here now and is granted asylum.
- Both realms will be in diplomatic Peace status to all realms and each other for a period of three months. An alliance between them is not possible for six months.
(further points may be added, especially if the longer Nivemus abstains from accepting these terms)

Eduardo Almighty

He just want another puppet realm... as if have Westmoor is not enough ;)

I hope the people of Nivemus can see Erik under the spotlights once again. I intend to keep my records for more wounded and killed in battle and he will lead the Akodo Champions from Ryu... just 1.7K CS! Erik is eager to add "King of Kings" to his titles. Then, let's make it happen beating Jor and Atanamir ;)
Serpentis again!

Atanamir

If Atanamir wanted a puppet, he would have issued the term to have Perdan nobles in the new council. ;)

And if Atanamir would make an outrageous offer, then Nivemus would be not on the map after war.  ;)

Actualll it's a nostalgic offer. My really favourite point is the Democracy part. EC is nothing without a Democracy! :D

Oh and...

...to be a King of Kings, you need to be a King first, which is difficult in a Republic.  ;D

Sonya

Hmm Democracy....i like it!   ;D

Uzamaki

Is it just me, or are the terms vaguely familiar to those in Atamara...

Perhaps influenced by the Treaty of Hawthorne?  ;D

Eduardo Almighty

I hate democracies...

And Erik is already Sultan of Sultans... this is just honorific for someone who considers himself a God incarnated and because he considers himself the greatest warrior o East Continent... the conqueror (he likes to get drunk and wear turbans in his harems to mock the Sultanate).

But it's also a great way to pave the way! Erik isn't King just because Sirion is a Republic and he hates the title of "Prime Minister" (he also defeated Fontan, but no ones want to be "Minister of Ministers" or "Chancellor of Chancellors")... maybe Princeps. But he wouldn't be happy with anything less than Emperor. Things to think for the future after the war and for the Elven Empire ;)

Erik has to destroy Atanamir since Atanamir is his only deception. Many chances to do some good roleplays. And destroy Jor just for fun... he doesn't like the priest at all.
Serpentis again!

Ketchum

Atanamir, no worry. We all have our own different versions of the event, dont we?
The victor shall write the true history verson, eh no? 8)
Thank you for your praise too, let get back IG  :D

I remember Fontan is Democracy and it ended badly. Those who ran for election, tend to declare during their running, that they would attack Sirion certain region and grasp it from their Elves green claws. Looking back, Democracy system is not working properly as intended, in my humble opinion.
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Draco Tanos

Don't worry, Eduardo, when Sirion's beaten down one of the requirements for peace will be the banishment of your family and the dissolution of the Holy Sacred Grove.

Also, why is the religion's name so redundant?

Zakilevo

Quote from: Draco Tanos on February 16, 2013, 02:20:31 AM
Don't worry, Eduardo, when Sirion's beaten down one of the requirements for peace will be the banishment of your family and the dissolution of the Holy Sacred Grove.

Also, why is the religion's name so redundant?

I don't like how HSG worships some goddess from the WoW universe...

Eduardo Almighty

I want to see this day. Sirion don't negociate such terms. Never. Even against the entire continent. Never. And even if in a great day you can banish me, Ecthelion is much more difficult. Evens so,  I can even quote an epic:

QuoteI don't deal with psychos. I put them away. You're a disease - and I'm the cure.

I love my beers in a Saturday.

About the religion in Sirion, nobody likes the old names. The old "Church". If you have some perception, I never said "Church of"... just "Sacred Grove"... it's a way to correct some very old problems. Also, Erik always had an impressive religious aspect. His aspect. My own perceptions of Sirion and religion in Sirion biased in his vision and in his work. I hade a LOT or good roleplays. Since Elune until the new Gods... it's always his own perception and I can say you... people in Sirion never was religious. I like to think we are warriors... we don't need religious wars. We don't need religious advantages. I hate WoW so much that when I did my RPs I had no notion that our religion had been inspired in this game ('cause I don't use this kind of inspiration). Again, and I'm drunk to repeat myself, Erik have his own religion and he said to his Council some hours ago: "I'm the religion".

I have been for a while. Now it's time to reap some heads. In wartime, Erik is no longer a Priest and he will march as always. I would love to see the same ... I will see Jor and Atanamir in some battle report?
Serpentis again!

Vessol

Quote from: Ketchum on February 16, 2013, 02:02:59 AM
Atanamir, no worry. We all have our own different versions of the event, dont we?
The victor shall write the true history verson, eh no? 8)
Thank you for your praise too, let get back IG  :D

I remember Fontan is Democracy and it ended badly. Those who ran for election, tend to declare during their running, that they would attack Sirion certain region and grasp it from their Elves green claws. Looking back, Democracy system is not working properly as intended, in my humble opinion.

Heh, I disagree, that sounds like a democracy working as intended. Democracy always boils down to populism. Whoever promises the majority the best goodies tends to win. And Fontan's nobles wanted war with Sirion quite often.

I wish there was a large enough realm (250+ people) that was a republic with different visible factions jockeying for power. Populists, Conservatives, Liberals(in the classical sense), Fascists, etc.
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

Ketchum

Quote from: Vessol on February 16, 2013, 03:49:16 AM
Heh, I disagree, that sounds like a democracy working as intended. Democracy always boils down to populism. Whoever promises the majority the best goodies tends to win. And Fontan's nobles wanted war with Sirion quite often.

I wish there was a large enough realm (250+ people) that was a republic with different visible factions jockeying for power. Populists, Conservatives, Liberals(in the classical sense), Fascists, etc.
Popular but the same mistake of attacking the same region again.
If keep hitting our head on same spot, that mean we never learn to go around the wall :D

Finally Perdan declared war against Nivemus 8)
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)