Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

New War Predictions

Started by ShadySoulja, September 12, 2012, 03:53:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabanus family

I think the democracy in Fontan went extremely well. It was the greatest time (perhaps besides Taselak) I ever had to be a semi-political figure in Fontan. I say semi because my char there was a crazy warior first and foremost. Every government system has it's issues, but that's why as players you get to choose which one you like. (At least if you get enough people to support your plans)
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Sacha

Oh God, Fontan... Endless discussions going nowhere, that was your idea of efficient governing? :p When you make everyone's opinion matter, you make them think their opinion matters most. Fontan was powerful when it had a clan (or multies, depending on who you ask) running the most efficient army on the island. Once the Lions were disbanded, Fontan went downhill fast and hard.

Sonya

Quote from: Sacha on February 21, 2013, 05:16:08 PM
Oh God, Fontan... Endless discussions going nowhere, that was your idea of efficient governing? :p

Nothing like going bed and waking up with 150+ new messages, i miss these days!  ;D

Gabanus family

Now now Sacha come on, I never said effecient... And at a certain point I was part of the Lions as well which was uber organized that's true. But still there was a lot of politicking which was pretty fun + the soooooo many letters about... well jeah k nothing.
New account active chars:
Garas: First Oligarch - Goriad: Astrum - Goriad II: Obia'Syela

Blue Star

Fontan want war with Sirion?

No we never wanted that... We wanted to Destory Sirion, wanted to slaughter the realm, destory the Elves, Kill Doc... Sadly since we were like Greeks we fought eachother and argued more than we ever actually accomplished anything. Ooo I hated the Fountain of Light
I think like a sinner. Curse like a sailor. Smile like a saint. :)

Uzamaki

Quote from: Blue Star on February 23, 2013, 03:41:43 PM
Fontan want war with Sirion?

No we never wanted that... We wanted to Destory Sirion, wanted to slaughter the realm, destory the Elves, Kill Doc... Sadly since we were like Greeks we fought eachother and argued more than we ever actually accomplished anything. Ooo I hated the Fountain of Light

Ummmm, actually, if I remember correctly, Fontan was forced into war by Tom lightning bolts that forced them out of peace. I could be wrong though.

Indirik

If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

Indirik

There was some form of OOC collusion among the leaders of several realms on EC to maintain the peace which followed after the end of the Great War at the end of '06. I don't know the details. However, it ended when Tom started reducing the food productionon the island, hoping to spark some wars. That didn't work. So Tom bolted at least five rulers on EC, including: Fontan, Sirion, Ibladesh (maybe?), Yssaria and I think OR and maybe one more? We had plenty of warning, which is why Perdan was already at war when the deadline came. Those realms that ignored the warning paid the price.

Anyway, the flurry of bolts is what sparked Fontan breaking the federation with Sirion/OR, in the war that eventually ended with the death of OR, and the formation (and death) of the Sultanate, and the birth of Westmoor, and eventually Nivemus. (It was a long war...)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Uzamaki

Quote from: Indirik on February 23, 2013, 08:02:42 PM
There was some form of OOC collusion among the leaders of several realms on EC to maintain the peace which followed after the end of the Great War at the end of '06. I don't know the details. However, it ended when Tom started reducing the food productionon the island, hoping to spark some wars. That didn't work. So Tom bolted at least five rulers on EC, including: Fontan, Sirion, Ibladesh (maybe?), Yssaria and I think OR and maybe one more? We had plenty of warning, which is why Perdan was already at war when the deadline came. Those realms that ignored the warning paid the price.

Anyway, the flurry of bolts is what sparked Fontan breaking the federation with Sirion/OR, in the war that eventually ended with the death of OR, and the formation (and death) of the Sultanate, and the birth of Westmoor, and eventually Nivemus. (It was a long war...)

Okay, yeah, I knew that. I just didn't say all of that.  :P

Vessol

Unfortunately the geography of the East Continent has a lot to do with why powerblocs are built up and war is either rare or undending. The narrowness, small amount of regions, geographical chokeholds, etc.
Mithridates Family: Vessol (Nivemus), Samos (Farronite Republic)
The White Tree Times, Newspaper for the East Continent
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/The_White_Tree_Times

T Strike

Quote from: Vessol on February 25, 2013, 05:46:04 PM
Unfortunately the geography of the East Continent has a lot to do with why powerblocs are built up and war is either rare or undending. The narrowness, small amount of regions, geographical chokeholds, etc.

Only sirion really has that pure advantage... IMO...
Westmoor: Cross... Coria: Yenom... Caelum: Gawain... Astrum: Ekirt

Zakilevo

Quote from: T Strike on February 27, 2013, 05:34:01 AM
Only sirion really has that pure advantage... IMO...

Perdan has the same advantage against the north just not as ridiculous as Avamar.

Foxglove

There's also OI's huge defensive advantage. Making any progress fighting along that island chain if it's heavily defended is hellish because of the long travel times. Although it works both ways by also making it harder for the Islanders to fight campaigns onto the mainland that might change assuming sea travel makes it to the EC.

OI transforming into a realm of feared coastal reavers would be quite a funny development.

Uzamaki

Quote from: Foxglove on February 27, 2013, 07:03:20 AM
OI transforming into a realm of feared coastal reavers would be quite a funny development.

I hear the injuries get awful for any 'reavers' who try to land in a region with even a little bit of militia. It's a high risk, high reward endeavor for sure... They may need help to be good at it.