Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Consulting maps of other continents

Started by Chenier, September 13, 2012, 12:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chenier

How do we view maps of other continents now that political maps are no longer linked to nor updated? And by "other", I mean continents we don't have an active character on.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

egamma

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Maps

I know...there's probably a better way. The Belu maps definitely need to be updated.

Chenier

Quote from: egamma on September 13, 2012, 11:31:52 PM
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Maps

I know...there's probably a better way. The Belu maps definitely need to be updated.

I checked that before posting here... Fheuv'n is long gone, that's an invasion-era political map...
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Tom

Write a feature request for viewing other island maps. :-)

I'm for it. It needs a bit of coding, but not a horrible amount. Obviously, some things won't be available (diplomacy), but realms, etc. will be.

I could also post a link because we already generate a static version, but that would be giving something away that I'm still working on.

Zakilevo

Quote from: Tom on September 14, 2012, 08:26:29 AM
Write a feature request for viewing other island maps. :-)

I'm for it. It needs a bit of coding, but not a horrible amount. Obviously, some things won't be available (diplomacy), but realms, etc. will be.

I could also post a link because we already generate a static version, but that would be giving something away that I'm still working on.

Someone should maybe request for the dev team to add banners as well ;) I miss maps with banners.

Tom

Quote from: Zakilevo on September 14, 2012, 08:57:43 AM
Someone should maybe request for the dev team to add banners as well ;) I miss maps with banners.

We are already working on that. The problem is that many old banners are in .jpg format and to make proper overlay we need them in .png with transparency.

Zakilevo

Quote from: Tom on September 14, 2012, 10:55:40 AM
We are already working on that. The problem is that many old banners are in .jpg format and to make proper overlay we need them in .png with transparency.

Maybe you should ask for .png from now on. :)