Author Topic: Realm size vs Potential gain  (Read 23985 times)

Poliorketes

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Realm size vs Potential gain
« Reply #60: September 30, 2012, 01:58:21 PM »
I don't know...

This begun with a discussion about big-realms(25 reg.) vs. small-realms(10 reg.), now it's about team-work vs. 'individualism'...

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think we are discussing how to make this game as fun as possible, and I think all kind of things who cause conflicts, will cause interaction between the players... and interaction is FUN!!! 

Three 10-reg realms will usually cause more conflicts than one 30-reg realm, a realm full of individualist nobles will cause more troubles (and fun) than one with a excellent team-work!... BUT in the end, the 30-reg realm with team work will destroy the three 10-reg realms full of individualist nobles!!! They will be death boring, but are more efficient! And efficiency win wars! ... in some way BM award boring gaming.

I don't know how, but I think BM would have more 'personal goals', and a lot more... 'noble conflict'.

Right now, what can do a noble?

-Go to war: YES. If you realm is in war. It's not very detailed, but It's funny... in fact, it's one of the best things to do right now in the game.
-Fight monsters: YES. Not bad, but after a while can be a bit boring... You don't really gain much (a bit honour/prestige).
-Recover some relic: NOT. The more likely is a unique item. Only recovered by Adventurers.
-Duel other nobles: NOT. Even with just reasons, the offender noble don't have to duel, so this is totally unused!
-Bribe for/buy some position: NOT. As is now, it totally impossible do this.
-To murder some rival: IMPOSSIBLE? You could do it only with Infiltrators, and for what reason? rival on what matter?
-To be rich: YES and NOT. Yes, you can get all the gold you want, but for what?... Gold don't have many uses in the game.
-To be Famous/Powerful: Even more useless than to be rich!!! Honestly, the Powerful men in BM are really very little powerful!

In short, nobles have almost no goals, even worse, these little goals they have don't conflict with the other nobles goals!

If you let me make a political comparison: This game is a bit like communism,  all people is almost equal, not matter position or wealth... and this is good! But if all people is almost equal... for what, are you going to fight for?