Author Topic: Realm size vs Potential gain  (Read 23997 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Realm size vs Potential gain
« Reply #60: September 30, 2012, 03:04:58 PM »
It all depends on what you consider fun, Poliorketes. I had a lot of fun working as only 1 of 150 nobles in Perdan back in 2006 when we were pretty much the single most powerful realm on the island. We didn't have much serious internal realm conflict. But what we had was a LOT of war. There wasn't much opportunity for personal gain or achievement. Back then most realms were very full, so the chance for advancement was pretty small. But it mostly didn't matter. We had a hell of a lot of fun fighting against our enemy, and cooperating in doing so. Even though we had a general and a few marshals (which was mostly an empty honorific), the military council had 20 or so people that all worked together, and any one could give orders, not just the marshal. It was a lot of teamwork and cooperation.

It just seems to me like everything has been so decentralized, and so much effort has been put into empowering individuals, that we've somehow lost that cooperative spirit. Or maybe I'm just not playing in realms where it still exists.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.