Author Topic: REJECTED: General/Marshal Movement Command  (Read 1921 times)

Madigan

• Knight
    • View Profile
REJECTED: General/Marshal Movement Command
« Topic Start: October 24, 2012, 08:48:07 PM »
Title:
General/Marshal Movement Command

Summary:
Expanded effectiveness of General/Marshal in regards to military coordination and unit movement.

Details:
Upon setting travel to a designated region, all nobles begin travel, but their arrival is auto delayed until the General/Marshal gives the command. This would ensure that all units arrive at the same time and that coordination lies in the hands of the General/Marshal.

Benefits:
Better army movement and coordination.

Possible Exploits:
I suppose a bad general could hinder the movement of armies and waste everyone's time, but that is solved by having a capable general or marshal. If anyone can think of anything, I'm all ears.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 03:56:38 PM by egamma »
Silverfire: So who married Alice?
Woelfy: She's married to Hendrick Madigan
Silverfire: How much would it cost for someone to assasinate Hendrick Madigan for me

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: General/Marshal Movement Command
« Reply #1: October 24, 2012, 08:55:55 PM »
Almost certainly never gonna happen.

There's already a Delay Arrival command. Tom has repeatedly rejected any request that would allow any measure remote control of other people's characters/units.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: October 25, 2012, 01:41:30 AM »
Over my dead body, for the reason Tim mentioned. Absolutely no control of other players, ever.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: October 25, 2012, 07:26:35 AM »
Over my dead body, for the reason Tim mentioned. Absolutely no control of other players, ever.
+1 without the dead body part for me.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton