Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

New colonies

Started by Penchant, September 17, 2012, 10:49:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vellos

mmm... Irombro...

Just sayin: if Irombro secedes, I will put a character there ASAP.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

Quote from: Vellos on October 28, 2012, 08:16:53 PM
mmm... Irombro...

Just sayin: if Irombro secedes, I will put a character there ASAP.

You should go there now, and make it secede.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Telrunya

Still got some open Estates in Irombro. Got my Bedwyr in Rii. Get a Chenier and a Vellos in Irombro, just need a Lefanis then ;D

Chenier

Quote from: Telrunya on October 28, 2012, 09:38:00 PM
Still got some open Estates in Irombro. Got my Bedwyr in Rii. Get a Chenier and a Vellos in Irombro, just need a Lefanis then ;D

Got some princess to marry off to Guillaume Chénier?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lefanis

I'll come  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Naidraug

Quote from: Tom on October 27, 2012, 06:33:10 PM
Wrong. You assume a linear growth, but it is exponential. Here's the difference:

Oh right, haven't considered that.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Bedwyr

Oh, good lord.  A realm with all of us in it would either be the best thing ever and would take over the whole continent, or we'd all kill each other in increasingly elaborate plots, counter plots, counter-counter plots, and occasionally some straightfoward stabbing.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Anaris

Quote from: Bedwyr on October 29, 2012, 08:41:03 PM
Oh, good lord.  A realm with all of us in it would either be the best thing ever and would take over the whole continent, or we'd all kill each other in increasingly elaborate plots, counter plots, counter-counter plots, and occasionally some straightfoward stabbing.

Well...

I don't think the former is possible, for one simple reason:

Not one single person in the game would be willing to trust a realm with all of you in it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Chenier

Quote from: Anaris on October 29, 2012, 09:11:47 PM
Well...

Not one single person in the game would be willing to trust a realm with all of you in it.

However, we could plot from our own realms, and establish an elaborate empire via weddings.

I'm not sure who would make a worthwhile Riombaran heir, though...

Stabbity

Well...

I wouldn't trust a realm with me in it....
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Indirik

You are doomed to failure without me. ;)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Vellos

Well...

Actually, we would be perfectly trustworthy: it is utterly inconceivable that anything in such a realm could be a secret for long, as we are all relentless gossips. We'd be a perfectly transparent realm.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Stabbity

Quote from: Vellos on October 30, 2012, 02:48:32 AM
Actually, we would be perfectly trustworthy: it is utterly inconceivable that anything in such a realm could be a secret for long, as we are all relentless gossips. We'd be a perfectly transparent realm.

Our secrets would have secrets and sooner or later someones head would explode.
Life is a dance, it is only fitting that death sing the tune.

Penchant

Well, it's been almost a month, so any news on this?
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him."
― G.K. Chesterton

Aelradir

It's been some time, and after a lot of negotiations we finally have a draft  for all the positions and regions that should form the new colony. Sint is taking over everything south of it and will from the colony within this month or at the beginning of next, depending how fast the colonists will join.

For all those history nerds, the Northern Alliance (and the guildhouses) was formed before the fourth invasion somehow fell apart during, and was reformed by OG in between the fourth and fifth with the new name. We in Sint refer to it both as NA and DU, whatever fits best.