Author Topic: Diplomatic Conventions  (Read 7518 times)

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Diplomatic Conventions
« Topic Start: September 19, 2012, 04:10:42 AM »
Title: Conventions
Summary: Have something similar to a tournament where realm leaders may have a convention and discuss things.
Details: Create something similar to the tournament state for diplomats. Free training for Oratory like tournaments. Participants may buy drinks or whatever it is called that tournaments have. The host may be not an ambassador but must be a duke and a have city/townsland/stronghold in their duchy to host the event at. Their ambassador/s are automatically invited, and their ambassadors and the duke can invite a realm to the convention, which will invite just the realms ambassadors not the entire realm. Perhaps a fee to the duke to host the event. When the ambassadors accept their invite they will immediately start traveling as if they joined a tournament. The host will choose how long the event will last or perhaps it will just be manually disbanded by the duke. The invited can join or leave the event at anytime.

Edit: this will invite the government members of the invited, of the hosts realm, and invite the host though I feel they should kinda have to go since they are the host. Everywhere in the above where I mentioned ambassador it will also be include all who participate at the convention.
Benefits: Good for roleplay and extensive discussion of realm leaders.
Possible exploits: There likely are some but none I can think of at the moment. Will update as needed.

If the tournament code can't be used to make this than I doubt it's worth all the work.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2012, 10:44:02 PM by Penchant »
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton