Author Topic: Registration jump/record  (Read 7798 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Registration jump/record
« Topic Start: October 01, 2012, 03:35:55 PM »
This is a frequently rejected request.

I have for years said that there will never, ever, EVER be a newbie island. Over my dead body. I'd rather sell the game to Zynga. No amount of discussion will convince me otherwise. You can get a UN resolution passed on this and I won't implement it. I'm out of ideas on how I can make this even more clear so that people will finally stop proposing it.

Actually, I think you misunderstood this.

The way I understood it was not as specifically a newbie island, but as a sandbox for everybody. A place you could opt into to have a temporary character, that doesn't count against your regular character limit, who has a chance to gain power very fast—and lose it again when his time is up in just a few short months.

It would be a different experience from the rest of BM, but it could be a lot of fun, and provide a way for newbies to experience things they might not otherwise be able to, while also giving older players a place to try stuff they might not be willing to risk with their regular characters.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan