Author Topic: [Forum Game] Werewolf VIII: The Menace Within + Expansion Pack  (Read 30403 times)

Fury

Re: [Forum Game] Werewolf VIII: The Menace Within
« Reply #15: September 20, 2012, 04:36:07 PM »
Can you explain more about these:

IF the Laboratory is the election, you have to vote as well who will be analized, sorry no tied on this, the computer will choose who will be analyzed
Will we choose who will be analyzed or will the computer choose?

if you are lucky you can incinerate on first day who is infected and win the game right away.
How will the infection take place - randomly? One person per day? So, there is nothing to accuse - because we can't attack or accuse a disease?

?  Sorry…you will have no idea if you are infected
And since the scientists won't know if he's infected, accusations will have no meaning?

The scientist have two operational rooms 1 Research Chambers, to synthesize the cure, and 1 Laboratory, to analyze people for infections, but only one can be used every 24 hours, so the players will have to vote which of both to use and with who(in case of Laboratory).
So, we choose to use the research chambers and after 3 days anyone left alive automatically wins? No reason to use the laboratory then? Or once we use the research chambers it will automatically run on its own for 3 days and we can then use the laboratory every day?

MAD Scientist Character - This scientist is the one who caused the explosion, he can vote for some one to be incinerate, but will sabotage the "Operational Room" he chooses, this sabotage will subtract a vote instead of adding it and no one but him will know it
So, the mad scientist will want to subtract votes to get a double or triple lynch? If he does nothing and the disease kills everyone, he still wins?

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: September 20, 2012, 04:56:32 PM »
Can you explain more about these:
Will we choose who will be analyzed or will the computer choose?
Yes scientist chose Laboratory, and the person who will be analyzed, (EX: I vote Fred to be incinerate, vote to use laboratory to examine Maria). if Laboratory wins the person (to examination) with more votes, that will be. if there is a tie, they will be chosen random.

How will the infection take place - randomly? One person per day? So, there is nothing to accuse - because we can't attack or accuse a disease?

Random between alive people, (except the infected) daily, if we add the Mad Scientist, then everyone will know it was Sabotage, and that there will be a Culprit. but the Daily Auto Killer will always be the Disease.

And since the scientists won't know if he's infected, accusations will have no meaning?
Is just Survival instinct, not good or bad people. If we add Mad Scientist everything will change because there is a Villain to get as well

So, we choose to use the research chambers and after 3 days anyone left alive automatically wins? No reason to use the laboratory then? Or once we use the research chambers it will automatically run on its own for 3 days and we can then use the laboratory every day?

No everyone will have to vote for research chamber in 3 days, i mean each daily win is 33% research. but as i mentioned before, is survival instinct, those who agree to wait 3 days to make cure are at risk of death, because daily people is gonna die. But Laboratory can give you (if you are lucky) faster results.

So, the mad scientist will want to subtract votes to get a double or triple lynch? If he does nothing and the disease kills everyone, he still wins?

Mad Scientist will vote to incinerate people, because he want to protect the Disease, also will sabotage the Research/Laboratory he chooses, Double/Triple Lynch are decided by Votes.

I will officially Add the Mad Scientist, since a Villain Character will add flavor tot he game, since likely most of you wouldn't like a totally Random game.

The only Difference from other games, is that the Disease will kill instead the villain, since the Disease was created by the Mad Scientist. there are other options on  this:

1-We can give the Mad Scientist the power to choose who to infect.
2- The Disease will kill in 24 hours, i mean by next event, so the Mad scientist can Infect another person..
2-1- This will turn the game like "Werewolf V: The THING" my goal is to avoid repetitiveness, to keep the Werewolf games Fresh!
3- More than one Mad Scientist can be added, if there are many people.

Guys, there will be many more games with the Werewolf/villager themes, i just want to sidetrack a little, and trying to make a thriller here.

If for real there was a Disease, couple of scientist will panic and will start to kill another to save their lives, other would like to create a cure, and others would like to find out who is infecting.

Everyone will have to work as a team (Not the Mad Scientist of course) but at the same time, no one want to die, because only who survive wins
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 05:11:26 PM by Sonya »

Barek (jerm)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: September 20, 2012, 05:38:42 PM »
I agree that it seems confusing for this to be labeled Werewolf, if it has almost none of the mechanics of the Werewolf/Mafia game.
You should take everything I say with a grain of salt.  But I'm not a werewolf.  Really.

Ketchum

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: September 21, 2012, 02:19:31 AM »
Sound like countdown to Doom Clock, the End of the World.

Creepy? Check.
Beginning of the end of humanity? Check.
We fight not only ourselves but natural cause of death, disease itself? Check.

What are we waiting for? More player to die obviously :P
Werewolf Games: Villager (6) Wolf (4) Seer (3); Lynched as Villager(1). Lost as Villager(1), Lost as Wolf(1) due to Parity. Hunted as Villager(1). Lynched as Seer(2).
Won as Villager(3). Won as Seer(1). Won as Wolf(3).
BM Characters: East Continent(Brock), Colonies(Ash), Dwilight(Gary)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: September 22, 2012, 05:26:24 PM »
Werewolf VIII: The Menace Within Official Patch v.1.0.3.10057

The latest client patch notes can be found  Here!.
Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of known issues.

General
  • This new patch introduce the Expansion Pack "To Hell We All Are Going"

Changes:
  • The disease is not Random anymore, the Mad Scientist will choose who to infect.
  • The Disease will not kill Targets immediately, it will infect them and kill then in 24 hours, ie: next turn
  • Laboratory will scan traces of infection as well, so the creator or those working close to it will be detected.

Additions:
  • The most anticipated "Traits" have been implemented.

Balance Fixes:
  • Fixed a bug where the Mad Scientist activated by mistake the Self Destruct Nuclear Device by voting for Carmella.
  • Removed the Time Machine. During text, players used to go back in time to vote for Himself.
  • Adrenaline Rush Disabled.
  • 11 Traits that wont be used were removed.
  • Vampires were Jailed and Werewolves Caged.

Refer to the same first post for more info (Re-read it again!)

Have a Nice day!
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 05:28:18 PM by Sonya »

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Heh, now it fits better to Werewolf theme. Good job! And please, re-let me in, you seem to have unintentionally (I hope so) forgotten me  :'(
D'Espana Family

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Suggestion to
if the disease is purged, then the Bad guys will proceeed to kill the rest directly with their hands.
that basically benefits the bad guys as it is instant vs 24 hour delay so I suggest it having a 50% chance to give name of one of the attackers if the disease is purged.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Sorry.

I forgot to take into account that today was holy day, and i had to travel out city. so Unofficially lets start tomorrow Tuesday 25!

Suggestion to that basically benefits the bad guys as it is instant vs 24 hour delay so I suggest it having a 50% chance to give name of one of the attackers if the disease is purged.

If the disease is purged you can still use the Lab. :P i don't think the Mad scientist wash the hands to eliminate traces of the disease.

Suggestions are still welcome, will review everything before doing the initial NPC kill and role play.(which i haven't write any yet)

ps: Also you have to understand that many will die before the research is done, the RANDOM-KILLING DISEASE, is no more, the Mad Scientist will infect the others (for the complain of not being a WW Game) you have to FOCUS to catch the mad scientist (like a Werewolf)
« Last Edit: September 25, 2012, 02:50:55 PM by Sonya »

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Game will start at 18:00 (BM Server time)

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
DAY 1

In the Underground Laboratory, the Scientists are in shock about what happened. Investigations reported that the explosion was caused by sabotage.
Carmella have been on the Laboratory for 1 hour and the result were that she was infected by the same experiment she they were working on, but instead of increasing her life spawn the experiment was turned into a Disease which would kill her in 24 Hours.
Being in direct contact for the explosion, the laboratory determines that Carmella doesn’t have any more time.

Carmella the Hot Teen Cheerleader Priest Triple Voter Sorcerer Apprentice and Sleeper (NPC) have died by the Disease.

The scientist have now two choices, find a cure, or find the responsible of all this, the disease leave traces but no one step forward to be analyzed, some talk about killing those who they think is the criminal.
How everything will unveil will be uncertain.

Fury

Carmella the Hot Teen Cheerleader Priest Triple Voter Sorcerer Apprentice and Sleeper (NPC)
We had someone like this working here??

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
She was interning with me  ;D
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
VOTE LEFANIS

You killed my girlfriend!
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Your girlfriend?! She was sleeping with me!
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
No, that was her ugly stepmother. You need your eyes checked.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.