Author Topic: If your realm..  (Read 11963 times)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
If your realm..
« Topic Start: September 19, 2012, 11:10:42 PM »
was a real life country, which country would it be? I'm in Aurvandil and Tara. Tara would be the UK. Aurvandil would be a cross between America and the USSR.

Zakilevo

Re: If your realm..
« Reply #1: September 19, 2012, 11:20:59 PM »
was a real life country, which country would it be? I'm in Aurvandil and Tara. Tara would be the UK. Aurvandil would be a cross between America and the USSR.

Aurvandil would be North Korean Government + Chinese Military IMO. ;)

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: September 19, 2012, 11:21:46 PM »
Well I was thinking America cause everyone hates us.

Zakilevo

« Reply #3: September 19, 2012, 11:25:19 PM »

Well then yeah sure Aurvandil is US for sure.

Sonya

• Mighty Duke
  • Traveling to a new world!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 19, 2012, 11:49:23 PM »

That's where i put CE, they jump in in every conflict, and then threatens to destroy whoever disagree with them.

In fact the old "DIE ALL MS PRIEST" thing, remind me of the Iraq war for Chemical Weapons.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 20, 2012, 12:00:11 AM »
Enweil always made me think of Imperial Russia/USSR
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: September 20, 2012, 12:05:53 AM »
That's where i put CE, they jump in in every conflict, and then threatens to destroy whoever disagree with them.

In fact the old "DIE ALL MS PRIEST" thing, remind me of the Iraq war for Chemical Weapons.
That's why I said Tara was the UK as America's closest ally

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 20, 2012, 12:10:55 AM »
I was trying to make Arcaea/Jenred into China/First Qin Emperor.  Time will tell if that's true, or if he's just fated to be Charlemagne.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: September 20, 2012, 06:50:13 AM »
....tara isn't a dictatorship any more? been a few years since i've been on at....
firefox

Lanyon

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: September 20, 2012, 01:54:57 PM »
Tyranny, but i was comparing it more to the over all feel.

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #10: September 20, 2012, 03:22:06 PM »
Tara's feel is a dictatorship.
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

D'Espana

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: September 21, 2012, 01:23:11 AM »
My realms are D'Hara, Riombara and Ohnar West. Hard, isn't it?

D'Hara is quite a bit similar to my Spain. We are struggling to recover from a crisis that we didn't (at least not at all) create (read it as the Great Famine of Dwilight); we have our federation (Terran and Barca as EU) wanting us with them but unable to help us except in the case we recover by ourselves, as well as our neighbours (ring ring, Aurvandil and Solaria, or USA and Germany) trying to change our government or extract concesions from us, now that we are too weak to defend ourselves.

But wait, that's not everything! We have also a huge internal conflict about the most irrelevant of matters, which distracts us from the real threats (yay, our football team! Never mind Spain is sinking in the fraud and misery, YO SOY ESPAÑOL, ESPAÑOL, ESPAÑOL! We have managed two Europe Cups and one World Cup in the last six years, so what if we don't have works? WE ARE THE BEST OF THE WORLD IN FOOTBALL!) And to make the simil even more real, we even have got us a corrupt Banker, who steals time and time again and claims innocence because of ignorance. And she might even get away with it! Yeah, definitely D'Hara is like Spain. So come and visit us, we have flamenco and Bloodmon Fruit! We might even give you DwiliVegas, if our Prime Minister approves it!

Mmmmm, now about Riombara... nah, it is unique. We are powerful and we are rich, but we do not bully our smaller neighbours. We even assist those in need, no matter the expense. So currently, there isn't a real country like Riombara. Sorry for that, my fellows. Let's hope that when China finally becomes obsolete because of its wrong focus in industry instead of new technologies, a new giant will emerge from India and make our dreams come true. Let's hope...

And finally Ohnar West... Oh yeah, North Korea! People hate us, but we are too insignificant and our armies made of starving peasants, so they let us live because we won't be able to hurt anyone even if we try. We even tried to make ourselves appear as bigger fish by menacing larger countries (we have missiles, we have missiles!), but a gentle remind from daddy Arcaea made us remember that we are the !@#$tiest !@#$ in the continent. So now we just try not to disturb too much, and still pretend we have dignity and all that.

Oh, and excuse me for the long paragraphs, I'm feeling a bit ironic tonight. I promise I won't do it again, no sirs!
D'Espana Family

Dante Silverfire

• Mighty Duke
  • Merlin (AT), Brom(DWI), Proslyn(DWI)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: September 21, 2012, 01:34:12 AM »
I'm pretty sure Coria is Israel.
"This is the face of the man who has worked long and hard for the good of the people without caring much for any of them."

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: September 21, 2012, 01:46:51 AM »
Rio is USA.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: September 21, 2012, 01:48:39 AM »
Rio is USA.

Perhaps an idealized version of it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan