Author Topic: New Sea Routes  (Read 24000 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: New Sea Routes
« Reply #15: September 21, 2012, 07:13:54 PM »
So, yes, I understand where you're coming from on this, and yes, I have a vested interest here, and no, changes like this should never be made common—but for goodness sake, Tom, when I'm agreeing with Dominic, I would think it would be pretty clear that there's at least something to what we're trying to say.

When Tim and I both agree with Dominic on something, clearly the world (almost) came to an end, and apocalyptic end scenarios need to be considered.

Can I imagine scenarios where this turns out to be a non-issue?  Sure, I can.  Do any of them seem even remotely likely?  Not really.  Civil wars only last so long before one side or the other wins and drives the others out.  And the space is too limited for the three, four, or more way alliance tangles that could make for interesting external politics.

We could completely rewrite how the whole island works, and turn the south into a Crusader State (be it on religious, philosophical, or political lines), sending out troops to harass others or support colonies, but the sheer distances involved are frankly mindboggling to me.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"