Author Topic: New Religion: PLEASE HELP ME :)  (Read 18427 times)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
New Religion: PLEASE HELP ME :)
« Topic Start: April 01, 2011, 12:35:07 PM »
Hi guys. I'm making a new religion on Dwilight. I've got this idea that I'm going to write a bunch of stories and include them in a compilement of stories called the "Holy Scrolls". The texts in this document will be where the church gains it moral messags from etc. The main point is that people can interpret the texts differently and players will be able to bring a lot to the church based on interpretations of the text. It's also an effort to work against the "this is how it is" attitude. I think the only way to stop this is to have some sort of theological base for argument. Not some crap like "I deeply feel that we shouldn't do this". The scripture should add realism.

The problem is. I've given myself a lot of !@#$ to do. I've already decided that I'm going to write the main stories (e.g. creation of the earth, life and people) but I want a lot more stories, like in the bible but not directly plagiarised. (stuff about people being eaten by giant beasts sent by god etc).

SO, if anyone has any roleplays that transmit any sort of moral message, I would be REAAALLY appreciative of anyone who would hand them to me so I can butcher then and put them into "holy" form. Also if anyone wants to write a story from scratch that would be very welcome.

Here is what I have so far for the religion page. Please comment on the general feeling you get from the page. The link to the "Holy Scrolls" is contained somewhere in there but it doesn't have any stories in it yet so there isn't much use showing the page to you yet.

http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Shenron/Omni_Amor_Veritas
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm